- Calvary Christian Academy (CCA) is a college preparatory school that offers instruction for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Classroom teaching at Calvary integrates California State Content Standards in accelerated units of cross-curricular, project-based study which encourage depth and complexity of thought.
- Mathematics, writer's workshops, literature, social studies and science are all integral to the student's academic experience.
- The school also offers art, theatre, music and Spanish to its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Contact school|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Tracy Herrera|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
- Calvary Christian Academy seeks to develop students who possess qualities that will enable them to live as productive members of society. Committed Christians Who: ' Understand the meaning of Salvation and have been given the opportunity to follow Jesus Christ as their Savior. ' Employ the Bible as the life guidebook ' Make strong ethical choices based upon the Bible. ' Genuinely love humankind, with an appreciation for the diversity of cultures and a tolerance of individual differences ' Demonstrate skills in resolving conflict through positive, biblical methods. Effective Communicators Who: ' Convey significant messages ' Receive, interpret and use the messages of others ' Listen objectively to other points of view and seek conflict resolution. Critical Thinkers Who: ' Identify, locate and organize information or data ' Analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information through independent and/or cooperative efforts in order to reach resolution. ' Apply problem-solving strategies to real-life scenarios. Quality Producers Who: ' Complete tasks in a responsible, timely fashion ' Display growing knowledge of curriculum. ' Develop God-given talents and abilities ' Set, pursue, and accomplish realistic, challenging goals, and demonstrate standards of excellence. Community Participants Who: ' Have a heart of service towards the people of this nation and the world, contributing of their time and talents. ' Act in an ethical and responsible manner. ' Display a greater appreciation for the historical background and diverse origins of people and events.
Profile last updated: 09/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 278 students
4660 Harbord Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 117 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
BerkeleyGrades: 9-12 | 619 students
1294 Albina Ave
Berkeley, CA 94706
AlamedaGrades: 9-12 | 423 students
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA 94501
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 110 students
2354 Andrade Ave
Richmond, CA 94804
April 27, 2017
This fictional interview illustrates how one set of parents chose a private school for their daughter.
April 27, 2017
Joseph Gauld is a distinguished educator who founded Hyde Schools in 1966.
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.