Calvary Christian Academy
- Calvary Christian Academy (CCA) is a college preparatory school that offers instruction for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Classroom teaching at Calvary integrates California State Content Standards in accelerated units of cross-curricular, project-based study which encourage depth and complexity of thought.
- Mathematics, writer's workshops, literature, social studies and science are all integral to the student's academic experience.
- The school also offers art, theatre, music and Spanish to its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Contact school|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Tracy Herrera|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
- Calvary Christian Academy seeks to develop students who possess qualities that will enable them to live as productive members of society. Committed Christians Who: ' Understand the meaning of Salvation and have been given the opportunity to follow Jesus Christ as their Savior. ' Employ the Bible as the life guidebook ' Make strong ethical choices based upon the Bible. ' Genuinely love humankind, with an appreciation for the diversity of cultures and a tolerance of individual differences ' Demonstrate skills in resolving conflict through positive, biblical methods. Effective Communicators Who: ' Convey significant messages ' Receive, interpret and use the messages of others ' Listen objectively to other points of view and seek conflict resolution. Critical Thinkers Who: ' Identify, locate and organize information or data ' Analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information through independent and/or cooperative efforts in order to reach resolution. ' Apply problem-solving strategies to real-life scenarios. Quality Producers Who: ' Complete tasks in a responsible, timely fashion ' Display growing knowledge of curriculum. ' Develop God-given talents and abilities ' Set, pursue, and accomplish realistic, challenging goals, and demonstrate standards of excellence. Community Participants Who: ' Have a heart of service towards the people of this nation and the world, contributing of their time and talents. ' Act in an ethical and responsible manner. ' Display a greater appreciation for the historical background and diverse origins of people and events.
Profile last updated: 09/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 117 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
BerkeleyGrades: 9-12 | 619 students
1294 Albina Ave
Berkeley, CA 94706
AlamedaGrades: 9-12 | 423 students
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA 94501
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 110 students
2354 Andrade Ave
Richmond, CA 94804
ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
1133 Winton Dr
Concord, CA 94518
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?