Calvary Christian School
Calvary Christian School Photo #2 - With state-of-art facilities and technology, we strive to provide the best environment for each student to develop to his or her fullest potential academically, physically, socially and spiritually.
Calvary Christian School Photo #3 - Students have opportunities to develop their interests in the Arts through regular classroom activities, as well as through exploratory classes and after-school programs.
- Calvary Christian School provides an exemplary high school preparatory education for preschool through eighth grade students in a Christian day school environment on the Westside of Los Angeles.
- Calvary attracts families who seek an educational experience for their children that balances rigorous academic preparation with activities, athletics and an emphasis on Christian moral and ethical development.
- The goal of the school is to develop leaders with a Christian world view who integrate their faith into their daily lives.
- Calvary Christian School is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of Christian values preparing students for leadership and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.