Campbell Hall School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Campbell Hall is a community of inquiry committed to academic excellence and to the nurturing of decent, loving, and responsible human beings.
- The school provides a climate where the values of community, selfworth, compassion, respect, service, and responsibility are taught as part of the school`s tradition. Campbell Hall embraces the philosophy that the students entrusted to its care are persons of both faith and reason.
- Faculty and staff encourage each student to quest for knowledge and to fit the educational experience into a pattern of faith for daily living. The relationship with the Episcopal Church places Campbell Hall in the Judeo-Christian tradition and imbues the school with a sensitivity to the moral and ethical dimensions of life.
- The school is committed to serving a diverse, interfaith student body.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||170 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||24 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Tuition Notes||$33,295 to $39,090|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||George White|
|Admissions Associate||Rosa Dominguez|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- With a 72-year history and 1120 students in grades K-12, Campbell Hall is a richly complex and textured community. We are both progressive and traditional, with one of the most innovative schedules in the independent school world and a dynamic, research-based educational program alongside uniforms and weekly chapel. We are affiliated with the Episcopal Church and its five-hundred-year history of academic excellence, and also one of the most religiously (and racially) diverse schools in southern California. Believing both discipline and balance to be crucial in healthy, productive lives, the program provides a vast range of possibilities for intellectual, creative, and athletic pursuits throughout this vibrant 15-acre campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 1026 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Studio CityGrades: 7-12 | 1593 students
3700 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
- North HollywoodGrades: K-12 | 762 students
11230 Moorpark Street/11600 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91602
- CalabasasGrades: K-12 | 1198 students
23620 Mulholland Hwy
Calabasas, CA 91302
I have two children at the school, 9th and 11th grades. The academic standards are high as are expectations, without it being a high pressure school which burns the students out. I have been very impressed with all the teachers I have met, as I have with other members of staff. I particularly like the culture of "It is cool to be successful", which is perhaps, engendered by the presence of successful parents. Having said that, the school in very inclusive and diverse in its intake, which keeps feet on the ground. My wife and I are extremely pleased with the schooling our children have received to date.
- Posted by Parent - OjaiD
I would like you to wish Julian Bull and his wife Katie Happy Thankagiving from Hardy Fowler, Chairman of Trinity Episcopal School in 1995.
- Posted by Parent - hbfow
My daughter entered Kindergarten at Campbell Hall and is a high school senior. By every measure this school has been fantastic--dedicated teachers, smart and creative friends, challenging academics, and respect for everyone. The new $45 Million Arts & Education Center rivals anything I''ve ever seen on a college campus. I love this place.
- Posted by Parent - bhpie
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.