- The Carden Preschool - 8th grade curriculum encompasses art, music, drama and French.
- This strong academic program includes advanced math, classic literature, language arts, history, science and computers.
- Enrichment clubs offer choir, chess, Spanish, dance, and after-school sports.
- Hot lunch and extended day-care are available. Summer Program is also offered.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniforms for K - 8th/No jackets)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||This is paid over a ten month period.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anita Raver|
|Admissions Associate||Jacquie Munnerlyn|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,
Cheering, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Dance, Chess, Spanish, Choir,Tutoring, and Golf Band, Dance, Chess, Spanish, Choir,Tutoring, and Golf,
- Carden Preschool offers constructive guidance and the development of powers of observation. Experience with music, stories, physical activities, speech, vocabulary, rhythms, games, numbers, art and manipulatives.
Profile last updated: 05/19/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WhittierGrades: K-12 | 210 students
16241 Leffingwell Road
Whittier, CA 90603
WhittierGrades: PK-6 | 176 students
12058 Beverly Blvd
Whittier, CA 90601
DowneyGrades: NS-12 | 797 students
12808 Woodruff Avenue
Downey, CA 90242
DowneyGrades: NS-1 | 180 students
10441 Lakewood Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
WhittierGrades: PK-K | 76 students
15215 E Janine Dr
Whittier, CA 90605
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.