Faith Lutheran Church & School
Tel: (562) 941-0245
- Faith Lutheran School is an extension of the ministry and mission of Faith Lutheran Church, which encourages growth of responsible Christian citizens and adults.
- Faith Lutheran Church and School sees man as God's foremost creation, redeemed by Jesus' death and resurrection, and empowered by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ "to go and make disciples of all nations".
- Our Lord has given us the means for fulfilling this "Great Commission", namely to baptize and to teach all He has commanded.
- Students at Faith have the opportunity to study God's Word daily and to see dedicated teachers modeling the Christian life.
- In partnership with parents, the purpose of Faith Lutheran School is to educate the whole child spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically, to help him/her learn a wide variety of skills in a Christ-centered and safe learning environment.
- We provide Christian Education as an alternative choice for parents in the Church and community to educate their children and to allow families to interact as Christians, citizens, and individuals.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whittier Grades: PK-8 | 267 students
11537 Grovedale Drive
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 694-1879 2.4 PK-8
- Whittier Grades: PK-K | 43 students
14121 Coteau Dr
Whittier, CA 90604
(562) 944-5210 1.4 PK-K
- Downey Grades: PK-1 | 65 students
10441 Lakewood Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 862-5949 5.3 PK-1
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?