Catch The Son Preschool And Ki
- Catch the Son is a preschool and pre-kindergarten program that seeks to promote the healthy development of children.
- Classes are designed to provide a variety of experiences that stimulate learning in all developmental areas - physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual.
- Our program seeks to provide a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment where children can develop to their fullest potential.
- Each child is viewed as a unique child of God. The teachers and curriculum are responsive to individual differences in ability and interest.
- Activities are designed to develop a child's self-esteem and positive feelings toward learning.
- Field trips, Chapel time, and special guests round out a full curriculum.
- Catch the Son is a cooperative school. We are committed to supporting each other as parents.
- Parent meetings address school business, keep parents informed, and feature parent education speakers.
- Parents assist in the classrooms, help with jobs around the school and work together on one or two fund raisers during the year.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Catch the Son was started at Christ The Servant Lutheran Church in Bellingham, Washington, in 1985 to meet the needs of young families in our community and to provide a quality early childhood education program for young children. At that time, one teacher and 12 students met twice a week. Today, there are three teachers and 62 students meeting in five different sessions during the week. Catch the Son Preschool is a parent cooperative school offering a Christian-based early learning program. Our program is based on the belief that children construct knowledge through exploration and hands-on experiences, and that families are a child's first teacher and our partner in education. Our cooperative model involves parents working closely with teachers as they volunteer regularly as teacher assistants, and take on a school or classroom job. In the classroom, teachers provide an environment that exposes children to literacy, math, science, physical fitness, music and arts, all while paying special attention to growing faith in God and relationships with one another. Catch the Son is an outreach ministry of Christ the Servant Lutheran Church, responsible to the church council.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BellinghamGrades: 8-12 | 39 students
1701 Ellis St. #215 | PO Box 3014
Bellingham, WA 98227
- BellinghamGrades: PK-8 | 183 students
2116 Cornwall Ave
Bellingham, WA 98225
- BellinghamGrades: PK | 20 students
920 24th ST
Bellingham, WA 98225
- BellinghamGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
941 Austin St
Bellingham, WA 98229
- BellinghamGrades: NS-8
1600 E Sunset Dr
Bellingham, WA 98226
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.