Catch the Son is a preschool and pre-kindergarten program that seeks to promote the healthy development of children.
Classes are designed to provide a variety of experiences that stimulate learning in all developmental areas - physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual.
Our program seeks to provide a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment where children can develop to their fullest potential.
Each child is viewed as a unique child of God. The teachers and curriculum are responsive to individual differences in ability and interest.
Activities are designed to develop a child's self-esteem and positive feelings toward learning.
Field trips, Chapel time, and special guests round out a full curriculum.
Catch the Son is a cooperative school. We are committed to supporting each other as parents.
Parent meetings address school business, keep parents informed, and feature parent education speakers.
Parents assist in the classrooms, help with jobs around the school and work together on one or two fund raisers during the year.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 62 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Catch the Son was started at Christ The Servant Lutheran Church in Bellingham, Washington, in 1985 to meet the needs of young families in our community and to provide a quality early childhood education program for young children. At that time, one teacher and 12 students met twice a week. Today, there are three teachers and 62 students meeting in five different sessions during the week. Catch the Son Preschool is a parent cooperative school offering a Christian-based early learning program. Our program is based on the belief that children construct knowledge through exploration and hands-on experiences, and that families are a child's first teacher and our partner in education. Our cooperative model involves parents working closely with teachers as they volunteer regularly as teacher assistants, and take on a school or classroom job. In the classroom, teachers provide an environment that exposes children to literacy, math, science, physical fitness, music and arts, all while paying special attention to growing faith in God and relationships with one another. Catch the Son is an outreach ministry of Christ the Servant Lutheran Church, responsible to the church council.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Catch The Son Preschool?
The application deadline for Catch The Son Preschool is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Catch The Son Preschool. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.