Cedar Grove Christian Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Since its founding as a ministry of Cedar Grove Church in 1968, Cedar Grove Christian Academy has been blessed with a rich heritage of Christian education.
- Throughout the years, God's leading and provision have been continually evident.
- The mission of Cedar Grove Christian Academy is to provide a quality Christian education which emphasizes traditional Biblical values.
- By successfully carrying out this mission, the school hopes to play a significant role in the development of young people who will become effective Christians, impacting every part of society in our community, nation, and world.
- This ongoing mission and the anticipated results are made possible through God's continued grace and direction together with the support of Cedar Grove Church, many other area partners and congregations, alumni, current school families, friends and benefactors, and the dedicated school faculty and staff.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarship opportunities are available to a large majority of our student body.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Rachel McConnell|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhiladelphiaGrades: K-8 | 191 students
1939 S. 58th Street, PO Box 5520
Philadelphia, PA 19143
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 100 students
220 W Upsal St
Philadelphia, PA 19119
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 843 students
11023 Kipling Ln
Philadelphia, PA 19154
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
500 W Willow Grove Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
This is an excellent private Christian school. I went to many Christian schools growing up, am an educator, and know many parents past and present. The leadership is incredible and really has a focus on serving the students well and creating a strong school and spiritual climate. They also work hard to maintain high behavior and academic standards and I have heard many positive comments when parents compared it to other local schools. Their discovery and ACE programs designed to help struggling or advanced students are also unique since many private schools don't have those kinds of special programs.
- Posted by Teacher - Mike Coburn
I graduated from Cedar Grove (elementary and high sschool) . I am a Penn State honors alumni and married to a wonderful Christian husband and we just had a daughter. I am going to send her to Cedar Grove when she's old enough.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nicole Graham
My son has been going to CGCA since pre-school, he is now going to the 4th grade. At times my husband and I would complain about how much work is given on daily basis, but we have realized that it not only benefits our child it benefits us as well. There is a continuous teaching of the bible everyday. We are so grateful that our child is always depending on God because of the teaching at CGCA. Our child has been on the honor roll his entire 3rd grade year. We pray that he continues to succeed. This school also offers summer camp which is a plus for us. We also take advantage of that:-)
- Posted by Parent - Bless
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.