5.00 (4 reviews)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning Differences, Motivation|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies, with need-based and McKay Scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Neall Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag FootballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Grades: 5-8 | 4 students
4800 37th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
(727)525-7461 3.7 5-8
- Clearwater Grades: 9-12 | 540 students
2750 Haines Bayshore Rd
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727)531-1449 5.6 9-12
- Largo Grades: PK-12 | 806 students
12685 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33774
(727)596-4342 5.4 PK-12
- Largo Grades: 1-12 | 25 students
3470 Adrian Ave
Largo, FL 33774
(727)584-8200 6.7 1-12
- Saint Petersburg Grades: NS-12 | 687 students
10101 54th Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33708
(727)393-9100 3.6 NS-12
"I have been so happy with my daughter's progress. I especially appreciate your well trained staff that knows her needs, capabilities, and when not to push her. She has come so far emotionally as well." Thank you!
- Posted by Parent - rlhar
My son has been at Center Academy since 8th grade. We moved him there because he was drowning in the public school system. He graduates this year thanks to Center Academy and the teachers. All his teachers have been available to speak with when there were concerns and they were quick to let us know if he was falling behind in his work. The principal always puts the students first and is there to help them out. The cookouts at the sporting events have really helped bring the students and parents together. My son has also enjoyed the prom and dances as well as playing flag football. Moving him to Center Academy was the best choice we could have made. And we are very happy we did!
- Posted by Parent - jtjj1
Great school, great teachers and great staff. My son has attended for two years. I truly believe that without the encouragement and support of the school director, teachers and staff that he would not be graduating. My son has enjoyed the sports program and the family cookouts have been a great way to meet parents. The school director has been a positive role model and mentor for my son. Thanks to everyone at Center Academy!
- Posted by Parent - lisa4
My child has had a wonderful education for the 6 years she has attended Center Academy and her favorite teacher is Mr. Hawe (always). He is a good teacher and cares about this students.
- Posted by Parent - kenma
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.