5.00 (4 reviews)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning Differences, Motivation|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies, with need-based and McKay Scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Neall Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag FootballBasketball, Flag Football,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint PetersburgGrades: 5-8 | 4 students
4800 37th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
- ClearwaterGrades: 9-12 | 462 students
2750 Haines Bayshore Rd
Clearwater, FL 33760
- Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 945 students
5101 1st Street NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
- ClearwaterGrades: K-12 | 594 students
2655 Ulmerton Road - Suite 402
Clearwater, FL 33762
- LargoGrades: 1-12 | 25 students
3470 Adrian Ave
Largo, FL 33774
"I have been so happy with my daughter's progress. I especially appreciate your well trained staff that knows her needs, capabilities, and when not to push her. She has come so far emotionally as well." Thank you!
- Posted by Parent - rlhar
My son has been at Center Academy since 8th grade. We moved him there because he was drowning in the public school system. He graduates this year thanks to Center Academy and the teachers. All his teachers have been available to speak with when there were concerns and they were quick to let us know if he was falling behind in his work. The principal always puts the students first and is there to help them out. The cookouts at the sporting events have really helped bring the students and parents together. My son has also enjoyed the prom and dances as well as playing flag football. Moving him to Center Academy was the best choice we could have made. And we are very happy we did!
- Posted by Parent - jtjj1
Great school, great teachers and great staff. My son has attended for two years. I truly believe that without the encouragement and support of the school director, teachers and staff that he would not be graduating. My son has enjoyed the sports program and the family cookouts have been a great way to meet parents. The school director has been a positive role model and mentor for my son. Thanks to everyone at Center Academy!
- Posted by Parent - lisa4
My child has had a wonderful education for the 6 years she has attended Center Academy and her favorite teacher is Mr. Hawe (always). He is a good teacher and cares about this students.
- Posted by Parent - kenma
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.