Canterbury School Of Florida
- Canterbury School of Florida is an independent, co-educational college preparatory school for 3-year-olds through grade 12 that is located on two campuses in St. Petersburg, just two miles apart.
- Hough Campus is home to students in PK3 - Grade 4, and Knowlton Campus is home to students in Grades 5 - 12.
- Canterbury welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. We are committed to educating intellectually adventurous thinkers, and courageous, compassionate leaders. Our learning community is highly collaborative, real-world focused, and research-based. Integration of digial tools extend conversations beyond the classroom and advance student-driven, global learning.
- *Strong Character Education * 25 Advanced Placement courses * A one-of-a-kind Marine Studies program and Cousteau Center for Marine Studies * Makerspace and Innovation Lab * International Studies program that includes Spanish for all students age 3 through grade 6 * Award-winning athletics and arts * Community service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please see the website for summer camp costs and opportunities. www.canterburyflorida.org/summer|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Governments, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Latin Vergil, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, US History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition rates which range from $9,200 for 5 fulls days of PK3 - $21,300 for Grade 12.http://www.canterburyflorida.org/tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Colin Wyenberg|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||53 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aquarium Club, ArtFest, Band, Battle of the Books, Black and White Photography, Chess Club, Chorus, Dance, Debate Club, Earth Force, Envirothon/Environmental Club, Fencing, French Culture Club, French Honor Society, Gourmet Club, Green Club, Homecoming, Interact Club, Junior Classical League/Latin Honor Society, Junior Thespians, Junior-Senior Prom, Literary Club, Marine Science Outreach, Math League, Model Airplane Club, Model United Nations, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, OceanBowl, People of Peace (P.O.P.), Prom Committee, Recycling Team, S.A.D.D. Chapter, Science Fair, Scouting, Scuba Venture Club, Sea Camp, Show Choir, Spanish Honor Society, Spell Binders (Spelling Bee), Sports Talk, Student Ambassadors, Student Council - Middle School, Student Council - Upper School, Student-Athlete Leadership, Tampa Bay Envirothon, Tech Theater, Thespian Troupe 4637, Tween Angels (Internet Awareness), Yearbook, Yoga, YUGA|
- Premier Marine Studies program and curriculum in the state of Florida.
- The 47 graduates of the Class of 2019 earned over $6.3 million dollars in merit scholarships.
- The Class of 2019 had 1 National Merit Scholar Semifinalists, and 2 National Merit Scholars
- We offer 33 athletic teams for our students.
- Six members of the Class of 2019 signed athletic scholarships to compete in softball, swimming, football, basketball, and baseball.
- Canterbury has won the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) Fred Rozell Sportsmanship Award for outstanding sportsmanship among the school's athletes, coaches, parents, and students five times in the last 15 years, most recently in 2016.
- We have an award-winning performing arts and theater program.
- Spanish is are required for all students in PK3 - Grade 6.
- The school has an unparalleled Character Education program. Canterbury students speak for themselves.
- Students in Grades 3-8 participate in a one-to-one device program (iPads or ChromeBooks) loaded with digital textbooks and educational/study apps for use in class and at home.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Grades: PK-12 | 611 students
7777 62nd Avenue North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709
(727)541-7593 9 PK-12
- Saint Petersburg Grades: K-8 | 434 students
2021 62nd Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)522-3000 5.7 K-8
I recently transitioned my daughter over to the Canterbury School of Florida from public/ fundamental school here in Florida and couldn't be happier. Her middle school transition was seamless, and everyone from students to teachers to administrative staff has been nothing more than friendly and supportive. The wide range of courses/clubs/sports offered, small class sizes and teachers that love to teach makes this school stand out from the rest. Within the past 5 months, she has been presented with opportunities that have inspired and motivated her. The Canterbury community is one that focuses on kindness and family and my daughter is happy and feels this belonging every day. Our transition to Canterbury was everything and more. This school deserves 5 + stars rating.
- Posted by Parent - K.S.
We are currently in our 6th year at Canterbury. The character education program at CSF is what I love the most! My kids are excelling in math, reading, science, art and music but everyday they focus on kindness, love, compassion and what it takes to be a caring individual in the world around them.
- Posted by Parent - RFlood
At Canterbury my daughter is overcoming her shyness, excelling in math, and learning to be the best version of herself. We are so fortunate to have found a school community that is incredibly accepting of who she is, but refuses to accept less than her best.
- Posted by Parent - rkell
We looked at many private schools and were most impressed with the atmosphere at Canterbury. We enrolled our daughter and have found an academically rich environment that is integrated with enrichment programs. In addition, the focus on character building creates an atmosphere where good behavior is the norm. We made the right choice; our daughter is very happy.
- Posted by Parent - jodi.