Northside Christian School
- Northside Christian School, as a ministry of Northside Baptist Church, opened its first classrooms in 1971.
- Northside Christian School is a Christ-centered school of excellence. Northside Christian School, in partnership with families, exists to equip students to reach their God-given potential through outstanding academic and extra-curricular programs within a Christ-centered environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English, AP Literature, AP Spanish, AP World History, Dual Credit: General Psychology, Dual Credit: Personality Development, Dual Credit: Religion in America|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool $4,100 - $6,670 Elementary $9,000 - $10,750 Middle School $10,750 - $11,275 High School $11,800 - 12,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Tessa Madasz|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Heather Lasseter|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Drill Team, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Drill Team,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Intramural Sports for Elementary Students, Ministry Opportunities, Royal Ambassador Marching Band, Service Clubs, Spring Musical, Winter Guard, Winter Percussion|
- Northside Christian School is a wonderful place of learning. As you walk the halls on campus you will experience a spirit of friendliness, excitement and pride that we believe exemplifies the reality of who we are. It`s a family feel, where acceptance, love, nurturing and guidance abound. Our enthusiastic and talented teachers set high standards for learning and reasonable expectations for each student.We strive to present a wellness model for our students which encompass all the areas of their development intellectual, emotional, social, physical and spiritual. With an award-winning Fine Arts Program students at an early age are given opportunities for self expression through making music and creating art. A strong competitive Athletic Program allows students to develop team building and leadership skills. Our curriculum, co-curriculum programs and Bible teaching combine to help each learner achieve his/her highest potential.
- Northside Christian School seeks to admit students whose parents desire a quality Christian education for their child. The curriculum is planned to meet the needs of the average to above average student. We accept students with a composite stanine score of 5 or higher (on the most recent achievement test) with no stanine lower than 4. The school is not equipped to meet the needs of students with excessive learning difficulties nor those with extensive social problems. All new students are considered on probation (academic/social) for the first quarter. Before making application, please review your child`s academic records in light of the above criteria. If you need clarification, please contact the admissions office.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Grades: K-8 | 434 students
2021 62nd Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)522-3000 5.1 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.