- Shorecrest is a non-sectarian preschool -12th grade independent college preparatory school located in Tampa Bay.
- By offering its families choice, support, and balance, Shorecrest graduates empathetic, independent thinkers who succeed at the university level, pursue their passions, and lead purposeful lives.
- Our mission is to educate a diverse community of students to become lifelong learners in the pursuit of personal and academic excellence, physical well-being, creative achievement and the development of a commitment to social responsibility.
- Our Core Values are guiding principles that all members of the Shorecrest community strive to embrace and model. Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Knowledge, and Compassion are embedded into our school culture.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||945 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(PreK-8 wear uniforms; 9-12 has dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade level. Payment plans include annual, semi-annual, monthly. Need-based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Dr. Jean Spencer Carnes|
|Admissions Associate||Brian Steele|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||61 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting Club, Archery Club, Astronomy Club, Band, Board Games, Building Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Clio Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Cum Laude Society, Dance and Drama Club, Eco Club, Equestrian Club, Eric Carle Stories and Inspired Art Club, Etiquette Club, Finger Sculpting Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Geocaching Club, Geography Club, Go Global Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Interact Service Club, Intramural Sports, Jazz Band, Junior Exchange/Excel, Key Club, Latin Club, Latin Honor Society, Lego Robotics Club, Leo Club, Literature Club, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Multicultural Club, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Nature Detectives Club, Peer Counselors, Photography Club, Quill & Scroll, Recording Arts Club, Rho Kappa Society, Running Club, S.A.D.D., Sailing Club, Science Club, Scouts, Shorecrest Martial Arts Club, Song Writing Club, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Thespians, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Universal Language Club, Vegetarian Club, Youth & Government Acting Club, Archery Club, Astronomy Club, Band, Board Games, Building Club, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Chorus, Clio Club, Cooking Club, Eco Club, Etiquette Club, French Club, Geography Club, Go Global Club, Jazz Band, Key Club, Latin Club, Leo Club, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill & Scroll, Running Club, S.A.D.D., Sailing Club, Science Club, Scouts, Spanish Club, Thespians, Creative Writing Club,
Cum Laude Society,
Dance and Drama Club,
Eric Carle Stories and Inspired Art Club,
Finger Sculpting Club,
French Honor Society,
Habitat for Humanity Club,
Interact Service Club,
Latin Honor Society,
Lego Robotics Club,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Nature Detectives Club,
Recording Arts Club,
Rho Kappa Society,
Shorecrest Martial Arts Club,
Song Writing Club,
Spanish Honor Society,
Tri-M Music Honor Society,
Universal Language Club,
Youth & Government,
- A community of highly engaged parents, the area`s best professional teachers and bright, motivated students.
- The highest level of school safety, security and protection through the area-exclusive partnership with Critical Intervention Services and its School Protection Officer Program.
- The Experiential School, the Tampa Bay Area`s top preschool, providing 3, 4, and 5-year-old students with the best preparation for kindergarten.
- Lower School (K-4) and Middle School (Grades 5-8) curricula that are the ideal blend of progressive and fundamental educational programs.
- The best college and individual counseling in the region; with the best college preparation and placement in Pinellas County.
- Overall, the most successful athletic program in Pinellas County.
- Overall, the most awarded arts program in the region.
- A school-wide commitment to Service Learning and worldwide partnerships that help foster a global perspective.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 479 students
990 62nd Avenue NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
Saint PetersburgGrades: K-8 | 330 students
1900 12th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33704
St PetersburgGrades: KG-8 | 464 students
2021 62nd Ave N
St Petersburg, FL 33702
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
7777 62nd Avenue North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709
Saint PetersburgGrades: NS-8 | 220 students
4301 16th Street North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
Sending my daughter to Shorecrest has been one of the best decisions my husband and I have every made. We are so happy with the fantastic teachers and education that she is receiving. It has been worth every penny as she is far more advanced academically than other children in our neighborhood who do not attend Shorecrest.
- Posted by Parent - d_ewh