Shorecrest Preparatory School
- Shorecrest is a non-sectarian PK3 -12th grade independent college preparatory school located in the Tampa Bay Area.
- By offering its families choice, support, and balance, Shorecrest graduates empathetic, independent thinkers who succeed at the university level, pursue their passions, and lead purposeful lives.
- Our mission is to educate a diverse community of students to become lifelong learners in the pursuit of personal and academic excellence, physical well-being, creative achievement and the development of a commitment to social responsibility.
- Our Core Values are guiding principles that all members of the Shorecrest community strive to embrace and model. Responsibility, Respect, Integrity, Knowledge, and Compassion are embedded into our school culture.
Shorecrest Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||994 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(PreK-8 wear uniforms; 9-12 has dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade level, $8,900-23,600. Payment plans include annual, semi-annual, monthly. Need-based financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Jean Spencer Carnes|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Hudson|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Clio Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Intramural Sports, Latin Club, Latin Honor Society, Literature Club, National Art Honor Society, Recording Arts Club, Science Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Universal Language Club|
Club or Organization:
Cum Laude Society, Eco Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Interact Service Club, Key Club, Lego Robotics Club, Math Club, Mu Alpha Theta, Multicultural Club, National Honor Society, Peer Counselors, Quill & Scroll, Rho Kappa Society, S.A.D.D., Scouts, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Vegetarian Club, Youth & Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting Club, Band, Chorus, Dance and Drama Club, Jazz Band, Thespians
- A community of highly engaged parents, the area`s best professional teachers and bright, motivated students.
- The highest level of school safety, security and protection through the area-exclusive partnership with Critical Intervention Services and its School Protection Officer Program.
- The Experiential School, the Tampa Bay Area`s top preschool, providing 3, 4, and 5-year-old students with the best preparation for kindergarten.
- Lower School (K-4) and Middle School (Grades 5-8) curricula that are the ideal blend of progressive and fundamental educational programs.
- The best college and individual counseling in the region; with the best college preparation and placement in Pinellas County.
- Overall, the most successful athletic program in Pinellas County.
- Overall, the most awarded arts program in the region.
- A school-wide commitment to Service Learning and worldwide partnerships that help foster a global perspective.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Grades: PK-12 | 611 students
7777 62nd Avenue North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709
(727)541-7593 6.8 PK-12
- Saint Petersburg Grades: K-8 | 434 students
2021 62nd Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)522-3000 1.8 K-8
- Saint Petersburg Grades: K-8 | 204 students
250 78th Avenue Ne
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
(727)526-8194 1.7 K-8
Sending my daughter to Shorecrest has been one of the best decisions my husband and I have every made. We are so happy with the fantastic teachers and education that she is receiving. It has been worth every penny as she is far more advanced academically than other children in our neighborhood who do not attend Shorecrest.
- Posted by Parent - d_ewh