Challenger School - Middlefield
- Celebrating nearly 60 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650)330-2000 4.9 6-12
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.