Challenger School - Middlefield
Tel: (650) 213-8245
- Celebrating nearly 60 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- Spelling bee: San Jose boy’s crazy run to national championship - 05/30/2019 - Vayun Krishna, 12, Sunnyvale; 6th grade, Challenger School-Middlefield (fossiliferous, frivolity, teledu, pyrheliometer, drilvis and ixodid, which he misspelled ixodyd)
- Santa Clara County student wins 2019 California State Elementary Spelling Bee - 05/28/2019 - The Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) is excited to announce the 2019 California State Elementary Spelling Bee winner, Vayun Krishna. The Palo Alto sixth-grader, who attends Challenger School ...moreMiddlefield. hide
- San Jose 7th Grader Wins Regional Spelling Bee, Heads to National Competition - 02/17/2019 - Vayun Krishna, a sixth-grader from Challenger School-Middlefield in Palo Alto, came in second.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||406 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atherton Grades: 6-12 | 807 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Atherton, CA 94027
(650) 330-2000 4.9 6-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.