Celebrating nearly 60 years of learning and fun, Challenger School is an independent private school that focuses on academic excellence, individual achievement, strong logic and thinking skills, and self-reliance.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 406 students
- Average class size: 24 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Spelling bee: San Jose boy’s crazy run to national championship - 05/30/2019Vayun Krishna, 12, Sunnyvale; 6th grade, Challenger School-Middlefield (fossiliferous, frivolity, teledu, pyrheliometer, drilvis and ixodid, which he misspelled ixodyd)
- Santa Clara County student wins 2019 California State Elementary Spelling Bee - 05/28/2019The Santa Clara County Office of Education (SCCOE) is excited to announce the 2019 California State Elementary Spelling Bee winner, Vayun Krishna. The Palo Alto sixth-grader, who attends Challenger School Middlefield.
- San Jose 7th Grader Wins Regional Spelling Bee, Heads to National Competition - 02/17/2019Vayun Krishna, a sixth-grader from Challenger School-Middlefield in Palo Alto, came in second.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our curriculum focuses on the foundations of knowledge: language arts, math, and logic. Early mastery of these basics prepares students for advanced studies and learning at an accelerated pace.
- Breathtaking Results - Our uniquely structured classes yield astonishing results in young students. Challenger students achieve scores on average in the 90th percentile on the national Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). This means that our average student outperforms nine out of ten students who take that test. Challenger School offers preschool through eighth grade programs that prepare children to live happily and successfully for their whole lives.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Challenger School - Middlefield offer a summer program?
Yes, Challenger School - Middlefield offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Challenger School - Middlefield's ranking?
Challenger School - Middlefield ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Challenger School - Middlefield?
The application deadline for Challenger School - Middlefield is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Challenger School - Middlefield. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.