International School Of The Peninsula
5.00 (1 review)
- The International School of the Peninsula educates children through a rigorous, bilingual curriculum that promotes critical thinking, international awareness and responsible global citizenship.
- We are a co-educational independent day school serving students in Nursery through middle school.
- Through our rigorous academic program and multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment, we strive to develop individuals who demonstrate adaptability, confidence, expression, and cultural awareness; demonstrate critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving; demonstrate responsibility, integrity, and leadership; possess a lifelong passion for learning; possess an interest in participating in international communities; and possess the capabilities to be leaders in international arenas.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Bilingual School Association|
Council of Bilingual Education
European Council for International Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21|
|Admissions Director||Maile Uohara|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palo Alto Grades: PK-8 | 406 students
3880 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)213-8245 2.3 PK-8
- San Mateo Grades: PK-5 | 260 students
1 Carey School Ln
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)345-8205 12.4 PK-5
Both of my kids go here and are achieving an amazing education. In addition to robust academics, there is a strong arts and music program. The teachers and administrative staff are smart, caring and involved. We are very happy with our children's critical thinking, problem solving and language skills - ISTP is preparing them to to participate in a worldwide economy. It's a great school.
- Posted by Parent - carbo
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.