- Are you interested in a better education for your child? UP Academy has ongoing enrollment for our unique progressive school. With a belief in the one room school house and the potential of every child; we focus our days around helping your child create their learning experience. Each day our students grow greater social and emotional fitness, develop a growth mindset, think like a scientist, act with empathy and learn how the skills they are learning can be used to influence the world around them.
- Our neurodevelopment program provides support to students with physical disabilities.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Up Academy creates a well rounded elementary curriculum where each student can find their interests and strengths and develop those through their learning plans. We are aware that students need to move to learn, they need arts education to enhance English and Math, they need STEAM education to compete in the changing world. Each student has an educator advisor who helps them to set goals, create learning plans and celebrate their successes as they meet their goals. In this way students become agents of their own learning and develop executive functioning skills. Our days alternate between having time to move, play and choose our activities. Each week will be a little different with times for cooking, gardening, music and other topics with room for projects, goals and the development of each students learning plan. Students may choose between Mandarin or Spanish during the school day.
- We envision our students as intelligent, capable, independent thinkers who are well- equipped with the skills necessary to compete in an ever-changing world. They build empathy and collaboration skills while working with a variety of people with differing abilities. They exercise a growth mindset to find solutions to everyday problems and display resilience when overcoming difficulties. They gain emotional intelligence by practicing mindfulness, self-regulation and discovering their innate creativity. Our students find joy in learning. We encourage their sense of wonder and curiosity by focusing on their academic, physical and emotional growth through individualized and project-based curriculum. Our innovative curriculum has been designed and created in consultation with experts from local leading-edge schools.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palo Alto Grades: PK-8 | 406 students
3880 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)213-8245 0.1 PK-8
- Palo Alto Grades: Inquire with school | 53 students
3860 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
(650)494-1200 0.2 Inquire with school
- Mountain View Grades: 8-12 | 70 students
2462 Wyandotte Street
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650)493-7071 0.3 8-12
- Palo Alto Grades: 1-8 | 71 students
525 San Antonio Av
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650)543-4560 0.5 1-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.