Chappell Child Dev Center - Deerwood
Chappell Child Dev Center - Deerwood Photo #2 - Circle Time is so much fun at our FSCJ Downtown Campus!
- Chappell Makes Learning FUN! Chappell Child Development Centers provide each child with active experiences which are extended through language and non-verbal representation.
- The curriculum represents continuous learning opportunities using a multi-sensory developmental approach in which all activities are appropriate to the development of the total child.
- On staff has a full-time Curriculum Coordinator whose responsibilities include coordinating all aspects of the curriculum and to train staff members.
- The Chappell student developmental plans are designed in a consistent manner to meet each child's developmental needs and interests for his/her first five years.
- Only developmentally appropriate materials, equipment and activities are used to project these concepts and skills.
- Our curriculum reflects the developmental approach to teaching which supports the idea that children learn best when they are actively involved in the learning process.
- Children must first learn at the concrete level in order for concepts to be internalized.
- Emphasis is on simple beginnings in the form of hands-on activities; manipulating, creating, building, exploring, actively doing! Ideas and concepts which are on the abstract level will follow quite easily for the child who has first explored concrete experiences.
- Activities are presented in a fun and interesting manner which invite the children to actively involve themselves in learning and to experience success! Our methods reflect an age-appropriate and natural style which result in greater opportunities for success, as well as developing positive attitudes towards the overall and continual learning process.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-8 | 229 students
4826 Baymeadows Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904)733-3400 1.1 NS-8
- Jacksonville Grades: NS | 21 students
6867 Southpoint Dr N Ste 103
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(813)899-2345 1.9 NS
- Jacksonville Grades: NS | 20 students
6867 Southpoint Dr N
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)619-6071 2 NS
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.