Chappell Child Dev Center - Deerwood
Tel: (904) 739-1279
Chappell Child Dev Center - Deerwood Photo #2 - Circle Time is so much fun at our FSCJ Downtown Campus!
- Chappell Makes Learning FUN! Chappell Child Development Centers provide each child with active experiences which are extended through language and non-verbal representation.
- The curriculum represents continuous learning opportunities using a multi-sensory developmental approach in which all activities are appropriate to the development of the total child.
- On staff has a full-time Curriculum Coordinator whose responsibilities include coordinating all aspects of the curriculum and to train staff members.
- The Chappell student developmental plans are designed in a consistent manner to meet each child's developmental needs and interests for his/her first five years.
- Only developmentally appropriate materials, equipment and activities are used to project these concepts and skills.
- Our curriculum reflects the developmental approach to teaching which supports the idea that children learn best when they are actively involved in the learning process.
- Children must first learn at the concrete level in order for concepts to be internalized.
- Emphasis is on simple beginnings in the form of hands-on activities; manipulating, creating, building, exploring, actively doing! Ideas and concepts which are on the abstract level will follow quite easily for the child who has first explored concrete experiences.
- Activities are presented in a fun and interesting manner which invite the children to actively involve themselves in learning and to experience success! Our methods reflect an age-appropriate and natural style which result in greater opportunities for success, as well as developing positive attitudes towards the overall and continual learning process.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-8 | 229 students
4826 Baymeadows Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904) 733-3400 1.1 NS-8
- Jacksonville Grades: NS | 20 students
6867 Southpoint Dr N
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904) 619-6071 2 NS
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-6 | 47 students
3725 Belfort Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904) 296-1055 2.2 1-6
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?