The Bolles School
The Bolles School Photo #5 - Lower School Whitehurst Campus students in front of the Outdoor Learning Center "Treehouse."
The Bolles School Photo #7 - Middle School instrumental band students in front of the Betsy Lovett Arts Center.
The Bolles School is an independent college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the School enrolls over 1700 boarding and day students in Pre-Kindergarten through the Grade 12 on four campuses: Upper School (9 - 12) - San Jose Campus
Middle School (6 - 8) - Bartram Campus Lower School (PK - 5) - Whitehurst and Ponte Vedra Campus
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 1,714 students
- Yearly Tuition: $29,911
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Fri., November 12, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., December 03, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Fri., January 07, 2022 - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Fri., February 04, 2022 10:00am (EST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Fri., March 18, 2022 10:00am (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Fri., April 08, 2022 10:00am (EDT) - get more information!
- Bolles News - 08/17/2021Our Bolles News page is an excellent way to keep up-to-date on the successes and achievements of Bolles students throughout the year.
- 2021-22 Bolles Boarding Students From All Over World - 08/05/2021The Bolles Resident Life program welcomed more than 80 boarding students to Bolles for the 2021-22 school year. This year, students are coming to Bolles from 18 countries and 17 states.Students` home countries include: Austria, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Mexico, Nicaragua, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and Vietnam, in addition to the United States. Domestic students are from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, new York, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
- The Bolles Sharks Nation Third in Olympic Swimming Medal Count - 08/03/2021If the Bolles Sharks Swim Club were a nation, they would rank third in the swimming medal count at the conclusion of the swimming competition at the 2020 Olympic Games. Former Bolles swimmers accounted for six gold and nine total medals! Bolles Swimming continues its streak of swimmers at every Olympics since 1972.
- Crosby ’79 Wins Second Pulitzer - 06/24/2021Jackie Crosby `79 and her reporter colleagues at the Minneapolis Star Tribune received a Pulitzer Prize for their coverage of George Floyd`s murder more than one year ago. The staff of the Star Tribune won the 2021 Pulitzer Prize in Breaking News Reporting, which honors a "distinguished example of local, state or national reporting of breaking news that, as quickly as possible, captures events accurately as they occur, and, as time passes, illuminates, provides context and expands upon the initial coverage," according to the Pulitzer organization.
- Celebrating Seniors 2021 - 05/26/2021Be sure to visit our special Celebrating Seniors page on the school website at www.Bolles.org/celebrating-seniors-2021. There, you will find the Class of 2021 College Attendance list, short features on members of the Bolles Class of 2021, Senior News Highlights, Senior Quotes, Graduation 2021 information, graduation live stream links and several colorful photo gallery links. Cheers to the Bolles Class of 2021!
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP American Government, AP American History, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Capstone : Research, AP Capstone: Seminar, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Computer Science A, AP English III, AP English IV, AP French V, AP Latin IV, AP Latin V, AP Modern European History, AP Physics B, AP Portfolio 2D, AP Portfolio 3D, AP Portfolio Drawing, AP Psychology, AP Spanish V, AP Statistics
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Average Percentile SSAT
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Button down shirt or polo with pants)
(Button down shirt or polo with pants)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 31 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
PK - $12,411 K - $16,232 1-3 - $18,200 3-5 - $21,579 6-8 - $30,055 9-12 - $29,911
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Mark Frampton - Upper School
Liz Mundin - Middle School
Total Sports Offered
- The Bolles School is a nationally known co-educational college preparatory day and boarding school serving grades PreK through 12 on four campuses.
- Offering a breadth of programs, Bolles is recognized for excellence in academics, arts, athletics, and activities.
- For information, call (904) 256-5030 or visit www.bolles.org.
Profile last updated: 08/13/2021
Endorse The Bolles School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.