The Bolles School
- The Bolles School is a private college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence.
- Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the school enrolls more than 1,800 boarding and day students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- Bolles focuses on a complete education that emphasizes excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and other activities like clubs and community service.
- Students can pursue their interests and learn to balance a rich variety of activities.
- Our rigorous programs prepare students for future success, and 100 percent of our graduating seniors go on to college.
- Our students also learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion.
- These values, outlined in the Bolles Honor Code, are vital to campus life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,667 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||137 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.