- The Cheerful Helpers Child and Family Study Center offers early intervention services and therapeutic preschool and kindergarten services to families with young children, ages 2-6, who are having difficulties with language development, motor-planning, self-regulation and socialization, in family oriented intervention programs.
- These relationship-based programs are for children with high-functioning autism, Asperger's, attachment disorders, developmental delays, and processing, learning and emotional difficulties. The children attend school five days per week, in small language-rich classes, with a 1:2 staff: student ratio and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of special education teachers and therapists.
- All parents participate in family therapy, as well as a weekly parent group.
- School-based occupational and speech therapy are also provided as needed. Cheerful Helpers is both a private and a fully certified Non-Public School (NPS).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ellen K. Reinstein, LCSW|
- Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School is a program for highly motivated families interested in working collaboratively with a large multidisciplinary team.
Profile last updated: 02/08/2016
People that viewed Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School also viewed these schools: Beacon Day School.
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.