Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School
- The Cheerful Helpers Child and Family Study Center offers early intervention services and therapeutic preschool and kindergarten services to families with young children, ages 2-6, who are having difficulties with language development, motor-planning, self-regulation and socialization, in family oriented intervention programs.
- These relationship-based programs are for children with high-functioning autism, Asperger's, attachment disorders, developmental delays, and processing, learning and emotional difficulties. The children attend school five days per week, in small language-rich classes, with a 1:2 staff: student ratio and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of special education teachers and therapists.
- All parents participate in family therapy, as well as a weekly parent group.
- School-based occupational and speech therapy are also provided as needed.
- Cheerful Helpers is both a private and a fully certified Non-Public School (NPS).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mary Harris, MFT|
- Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School is a program for highly motivated families interested in working collaboratively with a large multidisciplinary team.
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.