Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School
- The Cheerful Helpers Child and Family Study Center offers early intervention services and therapeutic preschool and kindergarten services to families with young children, ages 2-6, who are having difficulties with language development, motor-planning, self-regulation and socialization, in family oriented intervention programs.
- These relationship-based programs are for children with high-functioning autism, Asperger's, attachment disorders, developmental delays, and processing, learning and emotional difficulties.
- The children attend school five days per week, in small language-rich classes, with a 1:2 staff: student ratio and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of special education teachers and therapists.
- All parents participate in family therapy, as well as a weekly parent group.
- School-based occupational and speech therapy are also provided as needed.
- Cheerful Helpers is both a private and a fully certified Non-Public School (NPS).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ellen K. Reinstein, LCSW|
- Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School is a program for highly motivated families interested in working collaboratively with a large multidisciplinary team.
Profile last updated: 02/08/2016
People that viewed Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School also viewed these schools: Beacon Day School.
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?