Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School
- This preschool-1st grade program is for children, ages 3-8, with high-functioning autism, attachment disorders, developmental and processing delays, as well as learning and emotional difficulties. The developmental, relationship-based treatment approach is accomplished through a combination of educational, sensory-motor, communication, and family systems interventions. In addition to academics the school program includes art, music, movement, and yoga.Children attend school five days per week, in small language-rich classes, with a 1:2 staff to student ratio and a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of special education teachers and therapists. We have a wrap around approach, with a foundation in relationship building and respect for the individual growth of each child, that seeks to provide our families with many therapeutic services within their school day, as well as support in locating resources outside of our agency as needed. To that end, all parents participate in family therapy, as well as a weekly parent group. School-based occupational and speech and language services are also provided by licensed therapists as needed. And, when children are ready they are included in our twice-weekly social skills program.
Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mary Harris, MFT|
- Cheerful Helpers Therapeutic School is a program for highly motivated families interested in working collaboratively with a large multidisciplinary team.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Palma Grades: 1-12 | 77 students
24 Centerpointe Dr
La Palma, CA 90623
(714)288-4200 20.4 1-12
- Lexington Grades: K | 2 students
2800 Tates Creek Rd
Lexington, KY 40502
(859)266-4100 1897.4 K
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.