Chicago Waldorf School
5.00 (1 review)
- Chicago Waldorf School provides a diverse PreK-12th grade education that supports the development of self-directed young adults dedicated to the pursuit of ongoing learning and eager to contribute positively to the global society of the 21st century. Our unique approach corresponds to the various stages of human development by focusing not only on what children learn but how they learn.
- Contact us for more information and see why we are part of the fastest growing educational movement in the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||367 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit http://www.chicagowaldorf.org/admissions/tuition for tuition specific to your child\\\\\\\'s grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Payton|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Zielinski|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Beekeeping Club, Circus Club, Drama Club, Green Team (sustainability outreach), Math Club, Model UN, Rocket Club, Student Action Council (supports social inclusion), Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Yearbook & Publications|
- Chicago Waldorf School opened its doors in 1974 with a small Early Childhood program. The school has since enjoyed steady growth at 1300 West Loyola in Rogers Park. Chicago Waldorf School offers a full Parent-Child through High School curriculum as well as After-School and Summer Camp programs. We weave academic and artistic excellence with social engagement and moral awareness into an integrated whole. We work with the educational principles established by Rudolf Steiner to encourage imagination, flexibility in thinking and a love of learning. For details on all areas of the curriculum, education philosophy and open community events, visit our website at www.chicagowaldorf.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 214 students
2017 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773)327-3144 2.9 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 218 students
3730 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773)271-2700 4 PK-8
I have three boys who have been enrolled in the school since they were four. My oldest is currently in the 7th grade and I am so impressed with the academic quality of their education. It continues to meet and engage them through a creative artistic component. They come home excited about what they are learning.
- Posted by Parent - jazr
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.