Children's Garden Montessori Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Children's Garden Montessori Academy is a private preschool with campuses in Plano and Frisco.
- CGMA offers nourishing care, safe environment and advanced academic curriculum using authentic Montessori philosophy for children 3 months to 9 yrs.
- The facilities are located in convenient locations with spacious classrooms, equipped with Montessori material, huge indoor and out door play area, library and music halls.
- All teachers are Montessori certified, experienced and passionate about teaching young children. Nutritious snacks and hot lunches served.
Children's Garden Montessori Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants and white shirts with school logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Robin Hinkler|
|Admissions Associate||Savithri Krishnan|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, TennisBallet, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Chess, Foreign Language, Music, Piano
Offers authentic Montessori curriculum
- Montessori Certified, experienced teachers
- Nourishing Infant care for 3 months to 18 months
- Montessori Toddler program for 18 months to 3 yrs
- Montessori Primary program for 3 yrs to 6 yrs
- Enrichment curriculum includes Chinese, Spanish, Music, Computer, Art/Craft, Gardening and cooking lessons
- Extra curricular activities includes Soccer, Basketball, Martial arts, Piano, Art, Chess, Yoga, Dance and Computer
- Enriched before school and after school programs
- Open from 7 am - 6:30 pm M-F
- Offers year around Montessori program
- Huge indoor gym
- Covered outdoor play ground
- Offers spelling, reading and writing enrichment curriculum
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plano Grades: PK-K | 146 students
5200 Hedgcoxe Rd
Plano, TX 75024
(972)473-0167 1 PK-K
- Plano Grades: PK-K | 8 students
5465 Legacy Dr
Plano, TX 75024
(214)473-1151 1.1 PK-K
- Frisco Grades: PK-3 | 196 students
10247 Warren Parkway
Frisco, TX 75035
(972)332-0221 1.2 PK-3
- Plano Grades: PK-K | 30 students
6912 Ohio Dr
Plano, TX 75024
(972)596-7094 1.8 PK-K
My child had been at Children's Garden Montessori since she was a Toddler. This year, she is in the lower elementary program. We love this school so much that we have been postponing moving to different city until my child graduates 3rd grade at this school. My daughter was very shy and sensitive, but the teachers in each class in this school, helped her find her strengths and become a more confident girl she is today. She is reading at 3rd grade level and is very excited about Math. We love the community service projects the Elementary students are involved in. This is a best find for us as parents and love to recommend this school strongly.
- Posted by Parent - Jess2000
I am a parent of two children attending in Children's Garden. My experience with the school is very positive. The academic program is outstanding with special instructions on Language Development, Spelling, Reading and Writing. My older child is now 4 and is very advanced in Math at 2nd grade level. Teachers are very experienced and knowledgeable. The facility is huge, well lighted and spacious. The school was showcased as Model School in International Montessori Conference in Dallas in 2014.
- Posted by Parent - amysc
Completely pleased with this school! I have a very busy preschooler, I'm a concerned and sometimes nervous parent yet this school has won me over completely! My priorities regarding my daughter going to school are: is she learning? is she safe? is she being taught manners and social skills? is she able to nap/rest? are they kind to her? is she happy? and I can say without a doubt that we are pleased and so is my daughter! We can pick any school in the area and I'm careful about who I recommend...I feel like more parents need to know about how wonderful this school is.
- Posted by Parent - cate.
My son completed his KG in CGMA this year. The program offered by this school was outstanding. My son took his test in Language. The principal was amazed with his language skills. Facility is well maintained. Teachers are very friendly and dedicated. The Director of the school Mrs. Athirai is very committed and respond to our concern/suggestions at once. I would highly recommend any parent to visit CGMA, Plano.
- Posted by Parent - subam
Nearby Homes for Sale
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.