Children S Rainbow Day School
5.00 (1 review)
- Children's Rainbow Day School (2 years old – K4) / Rainbow Christian Academy (K – 8th grade) is a fully accredited, non-denominational Christian school in Miami, Florida founded to partner with families who want their children to receive an excellent academic education combined with a Biblical worldview in every subject.
- We desire to offer a safe, nurturing, family environment where families and faculty can partner together to bring up the whole child in a preschool, elementary, and middle school setting where "Christ is Honored and Children are Loved".
- We are committed to preparing students for advanced education, as well as Christian lives of leadership and service.
- Our school, not only offers a solid academic education, but also provides many programs, courses, and opportunities which together nurture and develop the whole child.
- Such programs consist of, but are not limited to, music classes, instrument lessons, art classes, dance classes, sports, etc.
- We also offer after school care with supervised homework assistance and outdoor time on our large, shaded playground.
- At Children's Rainbow Day School and Rainbow Christian Academy we believe that, "IT'S BETTER TO BUILD A CHILD, THAN REPAIR A MAN!".
Children S Rainbow Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniforms-Sunshine School Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||$5500 / school year|
|Admissions Director||Mrs.Melissa Nehrbass|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Delores Ward|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Caravan, Compassionate Ministry, Mind Lab (Brain Games)
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Instrument Lessons
- On May 27, 1981 Children's Rainbow Day School opened its door. Over the course of the the past school years, Rainbow has continued to offer many curricular and extracurricular programs throughout our day including advanced and remedial studies, sports and enrichment opportunities. We promise to provide the quality Christian education that you as parents desire for your children. The basis of our curriculum is ABeka Book materials. The ABeka Book curriculum is effective, creative, and instills academic excellence along with spiritual growth in every subject.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Homestead Grades: PK-2 | 86 students
26049 S Dixie Hwy
Homestead, FL 33032 3.2 PK-2
- Homestead Grades: 1 | 15 students
24953 Sw 135th Ave
Homestead, FL 33032
(305)257-0028 3.2 1
- Homestead Grades: PK-7 | 28 students
27835 S Dixie Hwy
Homestead, FL 33032 3.7 PK-7
- Miami Grades: PK-10 | 57 students
19301 Sw 127th Ave
Miami, FL 33177
(305)238-7332 4 PK-10
This school has the BEST administrators, teachers, and staff, who very quickly become your FAMILY! They treat each student in the school as if they are their very own children. Aside from the EXCELLENT curriculum and delivery of instruction, the loving family environment will make you and your children feel right at home. My kids LOVE going to school and make me stick around when I go pick them up because they don't want to leave! I recommend this school for all children from ages 2-middle school.
- Posted by Parent - j.rod
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.