Childrens Own School
Tel: (781) 729-2689
- Children's Own School has been a Montessori preschool tradition since 1942. We provide a carefully planned, stimulating Montessori environment to help children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for a life-time of creative thinking and learning. COS recognizes that each child has a unique nature and, with that, the capacity to become a successful learner.
- We promote opportunities for independence, perseverance, and creativity. We guide children to self-directed learning and discovery. We emphasive kindness and graciousness in our classrooms.
- COS believes that parents and teachers are partners working together for the benefit of each child.
- Our primary goal is to provide each child with an excellent Montessori education using the principles established by Dr. Maria Montessori and sanctioned by the Association Montessori Internationale.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- We served 89 children in 4 primary classrooms (2.5 - 6.0 years old) and 1 preprimary program (children as young as 18 months). All classrooms are staffed with a Montessori trained teacher and a classroom assistant. We offer half day, school day, and extended day enrollment options.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beverly Grades: NS-8 | 105 students
701 Cabot St.
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 927-1936 18.1 NS-8
- Boston Grades: PK-K | 34 students
8 Whittier Place
Boston, MA 02114
(617) 367-6239 6.1 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.