Childrens Own School
- Children's Own School provides a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for a life-time of creative thinking and learning.
- Decisions are made not for the convenience of administration, faculty or parents but on what is best for the children we serve.
- COS recognizes that each child has a unique nature and, with that, the capacity to become a successful learner.
- We promote opportunities for self-discipline and the development of the child's inner resources, which in turn promote self-esteem.
- COS believes that parents and teachers are partners working together for the benefit of each child.
- Our primary goal is to provide each child with an excellent Montessori education using the principles established by Dr. Maria Montessori and sanctioned by the Association Montessori Internationale.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BostonGrades: NS-6 | 328 students
30 Fairfield Street and 26 Exeter Street
Boston, MA 02116
SalemGrades: NS | 20 students
145 Loring Ave
Salem, MA 01970
SomervilleGrades: PK-KG | 44 students
165 Holland St
Somerville, MA 02144
BostonGrades: NS-1 | 40 students
8 Whittier Place
Boston, MA 02114
CambridgeGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
5 Cadbury Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?