Chinese American International School
Tel: (415) 865-6084
CAIS is the nation's preeminent and oldest school offering Chinese-English dual-language immersion education.
Founded in 1981, CAIS is a Pre-K to 8th grade independent school in San Francisco, California that provides a dual language and multicultural learning experience for students of all backgrounds.
Our mission at the Chinese American International School is to Embrace Chinese, Become Your Best Self, Create your place in the World.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$500 weekly rate.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,050|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 6th-8th grades in 2018-2019 is $30,800.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Linda Vann-Adibe|
|Admissions Associate||Sophia Jang|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- CAIS is the nation's preeminent and oldest school offering Chinese-English immersion education. Founded in 1981, CAIS is a Pre-K through 8th grade independent school in San Francisco, California that provides a Chinese English dual language immersion program for students of all backgrounds. Our mission at the Chinese American International School is to Embrace Chinese, Become Your Best Self, Create Your place in the World. We are a 50-50 language immersion program. Core competencies in Language Arts, Social Studies and Math are covered in both languages. Our unique international program provides opportunities for students to have authentic real world experiences in Taiwan and China from 5th - 8th grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: NS-12 | 1054 students
150 Oak Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 558-2000 0.5 NS-12
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 335 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 861-8840 1.8 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 382 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 861-5432 1.2 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 731-4077 4.4 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.