PMHS is an award winning Christian high school that offers a transformative education that equips students for leadership, service and peacemaking.
We have a 100% college acceptance rate since we opened in 1998.
Students are challenged to develop their leadership skills through athletics, student council and fundraisers.
Service is expressed through the 3,000 hours of volunteer service at elementary schools, recreation centers, businesses and organizations.
All new students are required to take a conflict resolution class which has contributed to a safe peaceful school culture.
Since the world is our classroom, our students visit the rich cultural and historical sites in Greater Philadelphia, the United States area and outside the country.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 114 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
We offered need based tuition assistance based on income. Visit us at pmhs98.org
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Aikido, Arts & Crafts, Business Management, Dance, Drama, Entrepreneurship, Golf, Rowing, Tennis, Worship Arts, Yearbook
- PMHS offers a truly unique and exciting secondary education program not available elsewhere in the Philadelphia area. Our education is based upon a traditional secondary school curriculum combined with sound, up-to-date education principles, including the encouragement of multiple learning methods, an alternative school calendar, block scheduling, standards-based instruction, an integrated curriculum, and inclusive classes. Educational program includes standard PA Curriculum Multiple Learning Styles. We recognize that students attain knowledge individually through different learning styles and at different rates of speed. Students are encouraged to approach the academic disciplines using their respective learning strengths. Students are exposed to oral, visual, tactile, and written learning modes, and encouraged to study and learn in any combination which they find most effective for the mastery of each subject. This teaching and learning approach reduces frustration by creating a friendly educational environment. Students at PMHS are given the opportunity to learn according to their individual capability without penalty. A multiple learning approach avoids the trap of pre-determining who will be classified as "academic", "general" or "other".
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does City School At Fairmount offer?
City School At Fairmount offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering and Track and Field.
When is the application deadline for City School At Fairmount?
The application deadline for City School At Fairmount is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse City School At Fairmount. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.