St Francis Xavier School
- St. Francis Xavier School, a K-8 rural school of approximately two hundred eighty-five students, is located in Gettysburg, PA. Although a small community, Gettysburg is both a college and a historic town.
- This unique influence complements its rural traditions. Like our Parish, our students come from diverse backgrounds.
- We continue to prepare the children to face the challenges inherent in any modern day society.
- The parents, faculty, staff, administrators, and students are united by a common spirit.
- St. Francis Xavier School was established in 1877. The Sisters of Charity, Emmitsburg, MD, were the first group of Religious women to teach at the school.
- When they were withdrawn in 1920, the Sisters of Mercy were invited to staff St. Francis Xavier School.
- The Mercy charism continues today to celebrate the Catholic faith, transmit the gospel values and, in partnership with parents, faculty, and the community, prepare the students to face the future with Christian insight.
- In 1994, the Sisters of St. Joseph were invited to join the parish community and assist in ministering to the people of God.
- In 2002-2003, we proudly celebrated 125 years of teaching minds and hearts.
- Our motto has been taken from the works of St. Francis Xavier: "Educate them in the Christian Way of Life." To this day, we strive to follow this worthy maxim.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-8 | 205 students
319 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
500 W Willow Grove Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
- PhiladelphiaGrades: K-12 | 906 students
31 West Coulter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 474 students
2501 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
October 19, 2017
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.