The Philadelphia School
- The Philadelphia School educates children for a future that is impossible to know but not impossible to shape.
- Learn here. Go anywhere. The Philadelphia School`s progressive approach to learning and teaching has deep thinking, innovation, and agency as its guiding values.
- We encourage children to explore and push the boundaries of possibility to fulfill their intellectual, social, and civic potential.
- We approach learning through inquiry, projects, and community. Core values and new research inform the school`s program and pedagogical practices.
- Our interdisciplinary, theme-based approach prepares students to build a stronger and more inclusive school, community, and society for today and tomorrow. As an urban, preschool8th grade school, we address specifically how young students develop intellectually, creatively, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Through our commitment to diversity, we seek to nurture each student`s moral compass, sense of personal integrity, and respect for individuality.
- Learning in the city, country, and classroom affirms our founders` goal of educating children to become responsible and active stewards of the urban and natural environments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / Jan. 1|
|Admissions Director||Alison Fritz, Director of Admissions Early Childhood|
|Admissions Associate||Brian Johnson, Dir 1st - 7th|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 600 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 561-5900 1 PK-12