Greene Towne Montessori School educates children ages 18-months through 3rd grade and is the longest running and only accredited Montessori school in Philadelphia.
Each environment in the school is carefully considered according to the Montessori philosophy.
We offer school day and all day schedules to accommodate the diverse needs of families who live and work in the city.
Financial aid and Summer Camp programs are available as well.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-3
- Enrollment: 165 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Greene Towne Montessori Introduces Montessori & Me Classes - 09/05/2023Discover Montessori learning with your infant or toddler!
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 1 / rolling
Tuition varies according to the child\'s age and schedule.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer fees vary according to child\'s age and schedule.
% on Financial Aid
Erika Goldberg, Julie Kaeli
- Greene Towne Montessori School is the oldest Montessori preschool and Kindergarten in Center City, Philadelphia. Since 1966, Greene Towne has provided a superlative Montessori education for children aged 3 to 6. In the fall of 2002 the Toddler Program was established and now children beginning at age 18 months are welcome. The school offers afternoon care and a summer program for toddlers, 3 to 6 year olds, and elementary students through 3rd grade. Every aspect of Greene Towne Montessori stimulates creativity and learning. Educational materials are designed specifically for a young child's mind and body, and the environments are colorful, bright and inviting. Children are inspired, whether they are writing a short story with the moveable alphabet, taking pictures for a photography exhibit, or watering plants in our roof deck container garden. Greene Towne Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Greene Towne Montessori School offer a summer program?
Yes, Greene Towne Montessori School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Greene Towne Montessori School?
The application deadline for Greene Towne Montessori School is Dec. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Greene Towne is an exceptional Montessori school with over 50 years of experience in Philadelphia. The teachers are phenomenal- highly trained and nurturing- who gently guide the children in their individual learning. The staff support is top-notch. The entire community practices the mission of "cultivat(ing) in children respect, confidence, autonomy, and curiosity."
Incredible school, we are SO happy with our decision to send our daughter here. One year in, her confidence, independence and love of learning have grown! The entire Greene Towne experience is so well thought out and truly designed to help children enjoy education and flourish. My daughter is the 3rd in my family to go here (her cousins both went through Kindergarten) and we're all thrilled with the experience, our kids' love of the school and the quality of the education.
Greene Towne has a 50+ year track record educating generations of children in Philadelphia. As the only Montessori school in the city fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools, every aspect of the school--from teacher training requirements to the detailed curriculum to the facilities and classroom materials--is held to the highest standards. We have personally had a great experience there with our two children since starting in 2019.
Endorse Greene Towne Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.