- Jubilee School opened in the fall of 1977 with a bright, enthusiastic group of four and five-year-olds.
- Using a small space, a few simple raw materials and an abundance of energy and curiosity, the children were daily involved in planning, organizing, discovering and creating.
- Over the years Jubilee gradually expanded, adding new grades. The goal was to provide an alternative to public school in which the curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm children begin with would be kept alive throughout their school years.
- Jubilee now offers pre-kindergarten through sixth grade classes. Along with language arts, social studies, math and science, the curriculum includes instruction in Spanish and Latin, music, African dance and drumming, art, chess, tennis and study skills.
- Jubilee School provides an environment in which children build upon their wealth of creative, intellectual, spiritual and social resources.
- By respecting how children think and learn, and equipping them with a strong foundation of academic and social skills, Jubilee prepares students to excel and to become independent learners.
- It is a place where students learn to think for themselves, and build together.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: K-8 | 191 students
1939 S. 58th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19143
(215) 724-6858 1.4 K-8
- Philadelphia Grades: K-6 | 71 students
5923 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19139
(215) 748-6510 1.8 K-6
- Philadelphia Grades: K-9 | 103 students
5001 Spruce St 21
Philadelphia, PA 19139
(215) 747-3347 0.9 K-9
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 546 students
910 N. 6th Street (Multiple Campus Locations)
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215) 792-6224 3.5 PK-12