HMS School For Children With Cerebral Palsy
Tel: (215) 222-2566
HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy, located in the University City neighborhood of Philadelphia, serves school-age children and young adults through age 21 who have complex, multiple disabilities usually resulting from cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury or other neurological impairment.
Renowned for our success in empowering students, HMS's day and residential programs maximize achievement and promote independence. Every child flourishes in our nurturing, respectful environment.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer program is open to students who are not enrolled at HMS|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Approved students may be funded by their local school district and state department of education.|
|Admissions Director||Christine Cuvo|
- We are experts in the field, not only in special education but in cerebral palsy, assistive technology and state-of-the-art equipment and techniques. Our interdisciplinary team reinforces students' learning, as teachers collaborate with skilled physical, occupational, speech and recreation therapists to achieve IEP goals. The team also includes nurses, personal care assistants and a social worker who support students' capacity to participate in the school day and in family and community life. As many as 9 to 14 individuals work together to make each child's program successful.
People that viewed HMS School For Children With Cerebral Palsy also viewed these schools: St. Francis De Sales School For The Deafin Brooklyn, Girard College, Green Tree School & Services, The Waldorf School of Philadelphia and Muse School Ca.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 83 students
260 Eastern Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718) 636-4573 82.6 PK-8
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
(215) 866-0200 7.7 NS-12
- Calabasas Grades: NS-12 | 234 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road Calabasas, CA 91302
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818) 880-5437 2409.1 NS-12
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.