Clearwater Academy International
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (727) 446-1722
Clearwater Academy offers a fresh perspective on education by harnessing the power of the students' goals and directing their education to align with their interests.
All students have individual academic programs enriched by a variety of activities and experiences.
Our mission is to educate each child to his fullest potential and beyond, graduating with eagerness to take his place in the world and contributing to society in his field(s) of endeavor.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer program included with annual enrollment|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(required uniform shirt for 8th grade and below)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Annual enrollment (12 month contract)|
|Admissions Director||Laurie Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Flag Football, Football, Gymnastics, Rock Climbing, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Climbing, Flag Football,
Rock Climbing, Volleyball,
- One of the distinct differences that parents and students quickly discover about Clearwater Academy International is its overall approach to the subject of education and academics. While the curriculum that a student studies is important there is another key ingredient to a child`s success at school. The philosophy at Clearwater Academy is that one of the most important factors in education is consulting the child`s goals and developing a program that best matches their interests and skills. At Clearwater Academy each individual student is our priority. Students are personally tested upon entering the school in order to find areas of skill and areas that need improvement. After testing, every student receives a personally designed program for the grade that they are entering. Each program contains all of the steps they need to do to complete that grade. Not only does this happen when a new student enters the school, but this level of individual attention occurs every time a student graduates from one grade to the next. Each student at CAI has their own unique program which includes all of the core academics as well as emphasis on the student`s interests. This Goals Oriented approach helps to bring the subjects alive for the student. If one is just studying math it can be tedious, however if one is studying math in order to become a computer engineer it takes on a whole new meaning.Enhancing our core academic program, we have a system of extracurricular activities and school sponsored clubs that the student can take part in, creating a truly well-rounded education.The key to our success of our unique program is our staff. Due to their extensive training and application of Study Technology* our staff are patient and understanding teachers who genuinely want to help and educate our students.Our students` successes are our successes.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clearwater Grades: NS-8 | 370 students
1600 St. Paul's Drive
Clearwater, FL 33764
(727) 536-2756 5.2 NS-8
- Clearwater Grades: K-12 | 594 students
2655 Ulmerton Road - Suite 402
Clearwater, FL 33762
(727) 531-2481 9.3 K-12
Clearwater Academy is the most wonderful place on earth. In my 2 years here I love it more and more.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anni
This is my first review I have ever done, and it is very honest. My two children are attending Clearwater Academy, and they are very happy. The academic program is great, both of my kids are actually retaining what they learn! There's no bullying among students! I highly recommend this school YOU!
- Posted by Parent - Alex Melgarejo
Making the decision to put our 2 daughters in this school has been the best decision! Our girls are happy, they love their school, and don't want to leave at the end of the day... that says a lot of a school. Teachers are great, and you can tell they have a genuine care for each of their students. The best part is that my kids are getting the respect they deserve, all while getting high quality education which they can actually apply! -Happy Parent :)
- Posted by Parent - affin
My daughter has been in Clearwater Academy ever since we moved to the US 5 years ago. She is now 9 years old and I dont see her in any other school. It's like her home. All staff are extremely nice, the whole space and atmosphere of the school is incredible, I dont see any kid fighting with others, My daughter has never been sick and that tells a lot of a school. In this school kids are encouraged to be creative and the amount of artistic related activities is great. No better place for a young kid to start his education. Federico Lorente
- Posted by Parent - fedel
"School is the basis of life. A good education determines more than you can imagine. I see the students who graduate every year, and I see how competent they are. I have many dreams, and those dreams being achieved means that I will have to acquire real competence. I believe that I will gain competence and I will most definitely be a great success ."
- Posted by Student/Alumni - banch
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.