Coastal Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (805) 489-1213
Coastal Christian School Photo #2 - At CCS we study together and serve together. Several of our High School students bussed tables at our annual Auction which generated over $1 million toward school improvements.
Coastal Christian School Photo #3 - A low student to teacher ratio allows for a lot of hands on experiences at CCS. Students have the opportunity to challenge themselves with advanced classes or receive necessary assistance through our resource program.
Coastal Christian School Photo #4 - Competitive sports are offered from 6-12th grade. Our High School offers Volleyball, Cross County, Basketball and Softball programs that compete in CIF sports.
- Coastal Christian School's mission is to assist Christian parents in providing excellence in the spiritual, academic, aesthetic, social, and physical aspects of education in order to develop the whole person, integrating God's Word in all areas of education, preparing students to serve God in all of life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our Resource program is equipped to assist students with Mild Learning Differences in all subjects|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1260|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No Uniform Required, Modesty Dress Code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten: $5400 Elementary (1-6): $6280 Secondary (7-12): $7040 Some fees depending on activities. Financial Aide and Scholarship opportunities are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Frisby|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
- Our goals for graduates are as follows:Spiritual Development 1.1 Students will demonstrate spiritual growth in love, knowledge of, and service to the Lord Jesus Christ. 1.2 Students will demonstrate Christ-like character traits as applied to themselves for service to God and others. 1.3 Students will demonstrate their knowledge of scripture by being able to explain and apply Biblical truth as a guide for life. 1.4 Students will incorporate a Biblical worldview into their lives in order to be Godly, responsible citizens.Character Development 2.1 Students will develop intrinsic motivation to take personal responsibility for their own behavior and learning. 2.2 Students will develop skills to work cooperatively toward a common goal including conflict resolution using Biblical principles. 2.3 Students will demonstrate respect for self and others. 2.4 Students will become responsible citizens who conduct themselves with personal integrity.Academic Development 3.1 Students will meet or exceed the California State Standards and requirements that are compatible with a Biblical worldview in language arts, social sciences, science, and mathematics. 3.2 Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills across the curriculum including application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation. 3.3 Students will demonstrate skills in the use of technology across the curriculum. 3.4 Students will demonstrate at least intermediate writing and speaking ability in a foreign language. 3.5 Students will prepare a four-year plan for post-high school education, service, and/or careers of their choice.Physical and Aesthetic Development 4.1 Students will demonstrate knowledge of and skills in physical fitness and a variety of sports. 4.2 Students will demonstrate knowledge of fitness and nutrition choices that lead to a healthy life. 4.3 Students will demonstrate knowledge of, appreciation of, and skills in the visual and performing arts. 4.4 Students will actively participate in one or more of the visual or performing arts.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arroyo Grande Grades: PK-8 | 282 students
900 W Branch St
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
(805) 489-1210 1.1 PK-8
- San Luis Obispo Grades: PK-8 | 383 students
761 Broad Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
(805) 543-6019 10.5 PK-8
We love the Christ-centered focus of this wonderful school! The teachers and staff are living out their reverence for the Lord and His Word and the students are warm and welcoming. We are so thankful to be a part of this growing school family!
- Posted by Parent - Pleased parent
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.