- Since 1987, Community Learning Center has served more than 6,000 adult and teen learners.
- Established with just 67 students, CLC now serves 400 annually.
- CLC fosters personal growth, economic self-sufficiency, and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
- We help our learners not only to seek employment and admission to college and job training programs but also to overcome difficult societal and personal issues poverty, crime, violence, teen pregnancy, substance abuse, discrimination, and domestic abuse that often impede the attainment of goals.
- Community Learning Center's mission is to help adults develop literacy, math, and life skills using a supportive and holistic approach, so that they can realize their fullest potential at home, in the workplace, and in the community.
- Founded in 1987, CLC provides no-cost classes in Adult Basic Education, General Educational Development (GED) Examination Preparation, and English for Speakers of Other Languages.
- CLC also participates in the Commonwealth's Move Up initiative, is a PA WIN affiliate, and serves as a Community Outreach Center for Pennsylvania CareerLink.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-8 | 360 students
6445 Bingham St
Philadelphia, PA 19111
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
500 W Willow Grove Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 843 students
11023 Kipling Ln
Philadelphia, PA 19154
PhiladelphiaGrades: 1-12 | 311 students
2101 S College Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19121
BrookhavenGrades: K-12 | 402 students
4301 Chandler Dr
Brookhaven, PA 19015
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.