Community Therapeutic Day School
Tel: (781) 861-7081
- The goal of the Community Therapeutic Day School since its beginning in 1974 has been to provide a consistent, gentle, and supportive environment for young children with neurological and emotional disabilities.
- Because of physical and emotional disorders, most of these children have experienced a disruption in the natural course of developing attachments and a sense of self.
- They have missed stages in their social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and linguistic development, and these developmental gaps have profoundly effected the way in which they view the world.
- Unable to function successfully in daily life, their attempts have met repeated failure.
- Consequently some children withdraw, some act aggressively, and some behave in ways that seem strange or bizarre.
- The school's task is to help bridge these gaps, so that the children can grow and function at their highest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beverly Grades: PK-8 | 18 students
6 Echo Ave
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 927-7070 20.6 PK-8
- Newton Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Newton, MA 02458
(781) 641-5992 5.3 4-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?