Community Therapeutic Day School
- The goal of the Community Therapeutic Day School since its beginning in 1974 has been to provide a consistent, gentle, and supportive environment for young children with neurological and emotional disabilities.
- Because of physical and emotional disorders, most of these children have experienced a disruption in the natural course of developing attachments and a sense of self.
- They have missed stages in their social, emotional, physical, intellectual, and linguistic development, and these developmental gaps have profoundly effected the way in which they view the world.
- Unable to function successfully in daily life, their attempts have met repeated failure.
- Consequently some children withdraw, some act aggressively, and some behave in ways that seem strange or bizarre.
- The school's task is to help bridge these gaps, so that the children can grow and function at their highest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||25 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?