Coon Rapids Christian
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (763) 755-1278
- Coon Rapids Christian School was organized in 1977 to assist parents in their God-given responsibility to train up their children in the way they should go.
- We define Christian Education as the life-long, Bible-based Christ-centered process by which individuals are led to Christ for salvation, instilled with Christ-like character, and equipped to serve Christ.
- It is our mission to complement the home by reinforcing the teachings of the home such as patriotism, respect for authority, hard work, love for God, and discipline; to build Christian character (Christ likeness); to prepare each student to serve God whether they choose to become a preacher, lawyer, doctor, teacher, or part of a business team.
- It is more important to learn how to live than to just make a living; to teach self-discipline by training them to be consistent, appreciative, responsible, and through; to teach that all of life is sacred.
- Everything the student does is to be for the glory of God; and to develop the whole child.
- Our program is designed to produce intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social growth in each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-11|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Minneapolis Grades: 9-12
755 73rd Ave. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763) 531-1732 5.9 9-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 1164 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
(763) 381-8217 13.6 PK-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
804 131st Ave Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55434
(763) 755-3993 4.2 PK-12
I went to this school for 9 years and had a good education with many great memories; the teachers have a passion for teaching and are superb at what they do. If I had a chance, I would recommend this school to anyone who was interested in a good private school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Andrew
Our children have been attending Coon Rapids Christian School 8 and 9 years. We are very pleased with the education they have received. The school is always willing to work with the family. Not only do they receive a good education also good values. Our children are brown as my son says but at this school it doesn't matter what nationality you are, everyone is treated the same. Our children are at or above their grade level, they receive extra help when needed. The teacher is very gifted with many years of experience and very kind. They also have regular volunteers to give additional help.
- Posted by Parent - Wayne and Carmen
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.