5.00 (3 reviews)
- Cornerstone Academy challenges students to reach their intellectual, emotional and spiritual potential through academics that include early immersion in foreign language, a strong foundation in reading and grammar, community service programs, and many other hands on educational and social activities.
- The school's focus on small class sizes allows for personal attention, increased retention, and a captivating learning environment.
- Cornerstone Academy's curriculum prepares students for AP and honors classes when they reach upper grades.
- Founded in 2007, the school serves students in Snohomish county and is housed at The Church at Maltby's Monroe Campus.
- Cornerstone Academy, an innovator in affordable classical education for 2 year olds through Grade 8 in Snohomish County, offers a rigorous curriculum from a Christian worldview.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,732|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary according to grade. We offer classes for homeschooled students, call for quote.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Heather Carter|
- How is Classical Christian Education different
- ~ Time-tested methods that have been staples in Western culture and the Church since the second century.
- ~Students cultivate an interest in first principles and ultimate purposes.
- ~A tone of inspiration, fulfillment, joy, and respect are visible throughout.
- ~An emphasis on cultivating wisdom rather than just teaching facts and skills.
- Through intellectual and spiritual integration, students develop a through Christian worldview. We take a more integrated approach to literature, art, history, science, math, and theology with the latent philosophies of each subject brought to the forefront. Rather than confining Christianity to a Bible class, we view all subjects through the lens of Scripture.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Snohomish Grades: K-12 | 85 students
1822 Bickford Ave Suite G
Snohomish, WA 98290
(425)334-9422 7.5 K-12
- Lynnwood Grades: PK-6 | 90 students
17000 6th Avenue W
Lynnwood, WA 98037
(425)745-6755 10.6 PK-6
We began at Cornerstone in 2012 when my eldest son started preschool here. I had no idea what "classical education" meant and immediately began researching it. I was blown away with what I found and am beyond blessed we found this little school! Now all three of my boys attend and I am so impressed with what they can do and the level of critical thinking they exhibit at such a young age. We are treated like a family here and my children are growing both spiritually and academically in ways that are so needed in today's world.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
We have been a Cornerstone family since 2012. At that time we were only looking for a preschool and had it in our minds that we would only stay until kindergarten (since we are advocates of 1/2 day Kindergarten and our local public schools were not offering this). After our first year and watching what the older children were learning and ultimately what they were able to do just blew me away! We began to make it a priority to stay and adjusted our family's budget in order to allow all three of our boys to attend this very special school. Not only is the Christian aspect important and is being taught well, but the strength that a Classical education is bringing to my children is just unparalleled. When my 8 year old read a vitamin bottle at the store that said "sublingual" and turns to me and says "lingual? That means tongue right? and 'sub'...that means under right? So that means, like, under the tongue right?" My response was "YEAH!! That Latin is really paying off second grader!" These kids are learning crucial critical thinking skills in a way that I am not seeing in other kids his age. It is completely worth the investment to have our children attend Cornerstone Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
Our family has been at Cornerstone Academy since it first opened in 2007. During that time, we''ve seen our children grow in knowledge beyond what their friends from public and other private schools are experiencing. But beyond that, the The Christian aspect of our experience has blown us away...not only are they taught a Christian worldview, their spiritual growth is cared for on a daily basis here! I feel like our parenting is actually more effective because we''re on the same page with the school, and we back each other up. What a blessing it has been to be here.
- Posted by Parent - lysho
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.