Cornerstone Christian Schools
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (805) 987-8621
- Cornerstone Christian School provides a quality educational program that honors Jesus Christ. To that end, our program is taught from a Biblical perspective, which is aimed at integrating Christian values into the lives of students, thereby equiping them for this life and eternal life with Christ. As a Christian school, we are committed to providing a godly environment where the Bible, as the Word of God, establishes the foundation for all aspects of curriculum and student learning.
- In addition to a traditional core curriculum, our students are presented with a wide range of enrichment experiences in the areas of computer science, Spanish, art, music and physical education.
- Our program is designed to incorporate a variety of learning experiences to stimulate student involvement and interest as we seek to develop young people who are eager and prepared for a lifetime of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$250|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Weekly price. Price varies according to program.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Percentile SSAT||75%|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Price varies according to the program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Karen Green|
|Admissions Associate||Sharlyn McHenry|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chapel Band|
Club or Organization:
Garden Club, Leadership Team
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camarillo Grades: K-8 | 306 students
1101 E Ponderosa Drive
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 383-2672 1.3 K-8
- Camarillo Grades: K-8 | 300 students
2534 Ventura Boulevard
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 482-2611 1.4 K-8
- Ventura Grades: 9-12 | 534 students
3167 Telegraph Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 648-6836 12.5 9-12
I used to go to school here, but my parents decided to move out of state. It was the best school I have gone to ever! I loved all the teachers because they were always nice and never snapped at you or made rude remarks. It is 100% better than public school. It is much easier to focus compared to public school, where everyone is obnoxious and speaks out of turn. I love the music program there too. The band sounds 100 times better than the band at my current school. The best part is we get to learn about Jesus' love for us and how he laid down his life for us on the cross. Over all, This is the best school ever and I recommend it to anyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kathryn H
Our family has been involved with this school for over 8 years. Our fourth child will start on the fall. We love the education the children are receiving and the teacher/parent involvement. Combing great Christian families is very powerful and a great foundation for our growing children.
- Posted by Parent - Bella
I have four kids attending this school. The teachers are up to par. The principal is fantastic.
- Posted by Parent - marat
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?