Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 945 students
- Yearly Tuition: $48,000
- Acceptance rate: 94%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Cotter Schools ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Badminton Club, Bike Lab, Book Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, International Club, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model Legislature, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Speech Team, Student Council, Teen Press, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Music Listening, Musical Theater, One Act Play, Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports, Running Club, Ski Club
- Founded in 1911, Cotter Schools, is a private, co-educational day and boarding school located in Winona, Minnesota, USA. Cotter Schools serves motivated and engaged students from 16 months through grade 12. Cotter Schools offers boarding for students in grades 7-12. With over 1,000 students from the Winona area and from over 14 countries around the world. Together, we are Cotter! At Cotter Schools, our mission is to challenge students to achieve their full potential and use their lives in the service of others. Our interdisciplinary, liberal arts education helps students develop skills in critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity, preparing them to meet the needs of an ever-changing world. More than 98 percent of our students go on to college and attend some of the best schools in the country. Our curriculum includes numerous honors and Advanced Placement courses that offer a more rigorous curriculum and the potential for earning college credit. At Cotter Schools, you'll experience faith and community, excellence in education, individualized attention, and opportunities to grow. Our goal is to challenge, support, and inspire our students! Cotter is, and always will be, a place where we challenge YOU to be the difference!
- Cotter Schools challenges students to achieve their full potential and use their lives in the service of others.
- - As a Catholic learning community, we believe: God is present in all creation.
- - Each person is valuable and deserves respect.
- - Education prepares people to build a better world.
- - In community, everyone grows.
- COTTER CORE VALUES:
- - Community
- - Faith
- - Service
- - Respect
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cotter Schools cost?
Cotter Schools's tuition is approximately $48,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Cotter Schools?
The acceptance rate of Cotter Schools is 94%, which is higher than the national average of 91%.
What sports does Cotter Schools offer?
Cotter Schools offers 18 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. Cotter Schools is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for most sports offered.
What is Cotter Schools's ranking?
Cotter Schools ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for: Highest percentage of students of color, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Cotter Schools?
The application deadline for Cotter Schools is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Cotter Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards