Country Day School
- Country Day School, located in Largo, Florida, is a nationally accredited school with a comprehensive curriculum for ages one through 8th grade.
- The school is on 14 acres of beautiful property within a safe residential community.
- The campus includes stand alone montessori classrooms, an onsite animal science facility; state of the art 12,000 sq ft educational building with open air classrooms, STEM Lab, black box teatre, green screen film and production studio, and a world language & culture room.
- That is just a small piece of what makes County Day School in Largo so special.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||304 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Equestrian, Football, SoccerBasketball, Equestrian,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AM/PM Extended Care, Equestrian Clubs, Math Club|
Club or Organization:
After School Instructional Sports Program (K-5th), Performing Arts Club (music & theater), STEM Club (1st-8th), Visual Arts Club (all ages), World Language Clubs (Chinese & Spanish) (K-8th))
- Country Day is a community of learners which nurtures academic
excellence, personal responsibility and individual talents.
Admission is based on a combination of objective and subjective
criteria in order to determine that each student will benefit from
and contribute to the learning environment.
- All applicants for admission to Country Day School are
considered without regard to race, gender, age or national
- Small Learning Community
- Family Involvement
- Small Student Teacher Ratios
- Individualized Learning
- Student Centered Learning
- Multiage Grouping
- Facilitated Small Group Activities
- Authentic Assessment
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palm HarborGrades: NS-6 | 160 students
1857 Curlew Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
- New Port RicheyGrades: K-12 | 106 students
10005 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
- Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 412 students
501 Park Street North
Saint Petersburg, FL 33710
- Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 481 students
990 62nd Avenue NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
- LargoGrades: K-12 | 80 students
11633 137th Street North
Largo, FL 33774
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.