Country Day School
- Country Day School, located in Largo, Florida, is a nationally accredited school with a comprehensive curriculum for ages one through 8th grade.
- The school is on 14 acres of beautiful property within a safe residential community.
- The campus includes stand alone montessori classrooms, an onsite animal science facility; state of the art 12,000 sq ft educational building with open air classrooms, STEM Lab, black box teatre, green screen film and production studio, and a world language & culture room.
- That is just a small piece of what makes County Day School in Largo so special.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Equestrian, Football, SoccerBasketball, Equestrian,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AM/PM Extended Care, Equestrian Clubs, Math Club|
Club or Organization:
After School Instructional Sports Program (K-5th), Performing Arts Club (music & theater), STEM Club (1st-8th), Visual Arts Club (all ages), World Language Clubs (Chinese & Spanish) (K-8th))
- Country Day is a community of learners which nurtures academic
excellence, personal responsibility and individual talents.
Admission is based on a combination of objective and subjective
criteria in order to determine that each student will benefit from
and contribute to the learning environment.
- All applicants for admission to Country Day School are
considered without regard to race, gender, age or national
- Small Learning Community
- Family Involvement
- Small Student Teacher Ratios
- Individualized Learning
- Student Centered Learning
- Multiage Grouping
- Facilitated Small Group Activities
- Authentic Assessment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clearwater Grades: NS-8 | 366 students
1600 St. Paul's Drive
Clearwater, FL 33764
(727)536-2756 5.9 NS-8
- New Port Richey Grades: K-12 | 106 students
10005 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
(727)845-8150 29.7 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.