Country Day School
- Country Day School, located in Largo, Florida, is a nationally accredited school with a comprehensive curriculum for ages one through 8th grade.
- The school is on 14 acres of beautiful property within a safe residential community.
- The campus includes stand alone montessori classrooms, an onsite animal science facility; state of the art 12,000 sq ft educational building with open air classrooms, STEM Lab, black box teatre, green screen film and production studio, and a world language & culture room.
- That is just a small piece of what makes County Day School in Largo so special.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||304 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Equestrian, Football, SoccerBasketball, Equestrian,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AM/PM Extended Care, After School Instructional Sports Program (K-5th), Equestrian Clubs, Math Club, Performing Arts Club (music & theater), STEM Club (1st-8th), Visual Arts Club (all ages), World Language Clubs (Chinese & Spanish) (K-8th)) Math Club, AM/PM Extended Care,
After School Instructional Sports Program (K-5th),
Performing Arts Club (music & theater),
STEM Club (1st-8th),
Visual Arts Club (all ages),
World Language Clubs (Chinese & Spanish) (K-8th)),
- Country Day is a community of learners which nurtures academic
excellence, personal responsibility and individual talents.
Admission is based on a combination of objective and subjective
criteria in order to determine that each student will benefit from
and contribute to the learning environment.
- All applicants for admission to Country Day School are
considered without regard to race, gender, age or national
- Small Learning Community
- Family Involvement
- Small Student Teacher Ratios
- Individualized Learning
- Student Centered Learning
- Multiage Grouping
- Facilitated Small Group Activities
- Authentic Assessment
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LargoGrades: PK-12 | 806 students
12685 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33774
Palm HarborGrades: NS-6 | 160 students
1857 Curlew Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
New Port RicheyGrades: K-12 | 106 students
10005 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
St PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 412 students
501 Park St N
St Petersburg, FL 33710
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 481 students
990 62nd Avenue NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?