Country Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Country Montessori School is committed to maintaining its leadership in Montessori education.
- Our mission as educators and parents is to foster independent, confident, academically prepared, and socially responsible citizens, who will be lifelong learners and problem solvers.
- We will grow and evolve to meet the needs of our children, parents, and community.
- As an extension of our founding philosophy, parents are strongly encouraged to be involved in the school's operation as active Board members and volunteers in those areas in which they have expertise.
- Parents may assist in a variety of ways. We believe your participation is vital to the success of your children's education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,100|
|Tuition Notes||See website: Based on level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sheila Walker|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: K-8 | 253 students
2390 Nautilus St
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)459-6074 15.8 K-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 15.2 NS-8
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 11.7 PK-8
We have been at Country Montessori School for 8 years now and have been so impressed with quality of the education. Our child has been instilled with an incredible love of learning. She enjoys the Montessori materials and the new challenges in working with the materials at higher grade levels.The teachers are so caring and involved in each child's needs and progress. We are so confident in method and knowledge provided at the school. There is a strong sense of community with the other parents at the school. Community is not easy to find and often hard to build, but it is very strong at the school.
- Posted by Parent - NYK
Our children spent 8 years at CMS. We were so sad when our son graduated from the 5th grade last year. It was an amazing school with a caring, highly dedicated and professional staff (both teachers and administration). Our children thrived in this environment! The school truly embraces its mission and vision of developing life-long learners who are independent, responsible and compassionate citizens of the world. The curriculum focuses, not only on excellent academics, but on the social and emotional development of the child as well. I highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - Dana
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.