Country Montessori School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Country Montessori School is committed to maintaining its leadership in Montessori education.
- Our mission as educators and parents is to foster independent, confident, academically prepared, and socially responsible citizens, who will be lifelong learners and problem solvers.
- We will grow and evolve to meet the needs of our children, parents, and community.
- As an extension of our founding philosophy, parents are strongly encouraged to be involved in the school's operation as active Board members and volunteers in those areas in which they have expertise.
- Parents may assist in a variety of ways. We believe your participation is vital to the success of your children's education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,100|
|Tuition Notes||See website: Based on level|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sheila Walker|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cajon Grades: PK-K | 34 students
1090 S Anza St
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619)440-3646 16.1 PK-K
- Encinitas Grades: PK-8 | 432 students
3616 Manchester Avenue
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760)942-1111 11.7 PK-8
- La Jolla Grades: K-8 | 253 students
2390 Nautilus St
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)459-6074 15.8 K-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 15.2 NS-8
We have been at Country Montessori School for 8 years now and have been so impressed with quality of the education. Our child has been instilled with an incredible love of learning. She enjoys the Montessori materials and the new challenges in working with the materials at higher grade levels.The teachers are so caring and involved in each child's needs and progress. We are so confident in method and knowledge provided at the school. There is a strong sense of community with the other parents at the school. Community is not easy to find and often hard to build, but it is very strong at the school.
- Posted by Parent - NYK
Our children spent 8 years at CMS. We were so sad when our son graduated from the 5th grade last year. It was an amazing school with a caring, highly dedicated and professional staff (both teachers and administration). Our children thrived in this environment! The school truly embraces its mission and vision of developing life-long learners who are independent, responsible and compassionate citizens of the world. The curriculum focuses, not only on excellent academics, but on the social and emotional development of the child as well. I highly recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - Dana
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.