St Michael's School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Michael's School is a Kindergarten through Grade 8 school founded by the Rev. Msgr. Michael Coughlan in 1964. St. Michael's Preschool serves three-year-olds and four-year-olds.
- Mission: "With Jesus Christ, as our model, St. Michael's School guides students to grow in faith, knowledge, and character, preparing them to be active members in the Church and in our community."
- The administration and teaching staff, together with the parents, are dedicated to providing an education that will result in the formation of the whole person - spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual, and physical.
- Rigorous academic standards and curricula produce highly successful graduates, welcomed by the Catholic, private, and public high schools at which they matriculate.
- We encourage students to make informed decisions, to think critically and creatively, to be compassionate, responsible and moral, and to respect the dignity of others.
- Students engage in prayer and reflection, actively participate in Liturgical celebration, serve the faith community, and demonstrate Catholic values and virtues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Mild Autism, Hearing/Vision/Motor Impairment, Processing Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||536 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dennis Uniform Plaid (Girls) & Navy Twill (Boys))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Matens|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Surf Team, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Chess Club, Coding, Mercy Corps, Robotics, Safety Patrol, Spanish Club, STEM Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
art, band, choir, musical theater, vocal music
- St. Michael's School is an elementary and middle school founded by the Rev. Msgr. Michael Coughlan in 1964. Our mission is to encourage students to embrace the rich heritage of our Catholic faith tradition in an educational setting of compassion, justice, charity, and service. The administration and teaching staff, together with the parents, are dedicated to providing an education that will result in formation of the whole person - spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual, and physical. The students of St Michael's School learn in a Christ-centered environment which fosters the formation and growth of the whole child. The goal of the school community is to provide and exemplary Catholic pedagogy. Flowing from the document "To Teach as Jesus Did" students learn Catholic doctrine, foster community, and participate in servingothers. We encourage students to make informed decisions, to think critically and creatively, to be compassionate, responsible and moral, and to respect the dignity of others. Students engage in prayer and reflection, actively participate in Liturgical celebration, serve the faith community, and demonstrate Catholic values and virtues.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poway Grades: K-8
12285 Oak Knoll Rd
Poway, CA 92064
(858)679-5744 2.6 K-8
St. Michael's School focus is on the whole student. My child is truly enriched in mind, body, and spirit. The school attends Mass once a week. The curriculum within the classroom is challenging and meets the needs of all children. The classroom teachers are completely dedicated. The children attend Music, Library, Art, Computers, Spanish, Mass and PE 3 times a week! We are truly Blessed for sending our children to St. Michael's!
- Posted by Parent - kterr
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.