St Michael's School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Michael's School is a Kindergarten through Grade 8 school founded by the Rev. Msgr. Michael Coughlan in 1964. St. Michael's Preschool serves three-year-olds and four-year-olds.
- Mission: "With Jesus Christ, as our model, St. Michael's School guides students to grow in faith, knowledge, and character, preparing them to be active members in the Church and in our community."
- The administration and teaching staff, together with the parents, are dedicated to providing an education that will result in the formation of the whole person - spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual, and physical.
- Rigorous academic standards and curricula produce highly successful graduates, welcomed by the Catholic, private, and public high schools at which they matriculate.
- We encourage students to make informed decisions, to think critically and creatively, to be compassionate, responsible and moral, and to respect the dignity of others.
- Students engage in prayer and reflection, actively participate in Liturgical celebration, serve the faith community, and demonstrate Catholic values and virtues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Mild Autism, Hearing/Vision/Motor Impairment, Processing Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||546 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Matens|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Chess Club, Coding, Mercy Corps, Robotics, Safety Patrol, Spanish Club, STEM Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
art, band, choir, musical theater, vocal music
- St. Michael's School is an elementary and middle school founded by the Rev. Msgr. Michael Coughlan in 1964. Our mission is to encourage students to embrace the rich heritage of our Catholic faith tradition in an educational setting of compassion, justice, charity, and service. The administration and teaching staff, together with the parents, are dedicated to providing an education that will result in formation of the whole person - spiritual, moral, emotional, intellectual, and physical. The students of St Michael's School learn in a Christ-centered environment which fosters the formation and growth of the whole child. The goal of the school community is to provide and exemplary Catholic pedagogy. Flowing from the document "To Teach as Jesus Did" students learn Catholic doctrine, foster community, and participate in servingothers. We encourage students to make informed decisions, to think critically and creatively, to be compassionate, responsible and moral, and to respect the dignity of others. Students engage in prayer and reflection, actively participate in Liturgical celebration, serve the faith community, and demonstrate Catholic values and virtues.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: NS-12 | 1155 students
9490 Genesee Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)453-3440 12.2 NS-12
- La Jolla Grades: PK-8 | 404 students
6550 Soledad Mountain Rd
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)456-2807 15.7 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 149 students
1376 Felspar Street
San Diego, CA 92109
(858)272-6282 17.4 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 262 students
8160 Gold Coast Dr
San Diego, CA 92126
(858)693-1522 8.2 PK-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-6 | 188 students
3219 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92117
(858)274-2890 14.6 PK-6
St. Michael's School focus is on the whole student. My child is truly enriched in mind, body, and spirit. The school attends Mass once a week. The curriculum within the classroom is challenging and meets the needs of all children. The classroom teachers are completely dedicated. The children attend Music, Library, Art, Computers, Spanish, Mass and PE 3 times a week! We are truly Blessed for sending our children to St. Michael's!
- Posted by Parent - kterr
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.