Crane Country Day School
Crane Country Day School Photo #2 - 7th Grade QED Project allows students to pursue their interests and passions through a 16-week independent study with an expert mentor.
Crane Country Day School Photo #3 - Upper School Trip Week takes students snorkeling and exploring environmental stewardship on Catalina Island (6th Grade), zip-lining and developing teamwork and leadership skills in the San Bernardino Mountains (7th Grade), and river rafting, hiking, and spending time with school children and locals in Costa Rica (8th Grade).
Crane Country Day School Photo #4 - Upper School students develop a strong conceptual understanding through experiential learning and hands-on lessons and programs.
Crane Country Day School Photo #5 - The Upper School Service Learning program empowers students to care for one another and the world around them by letting them choose the organizations to support and develop ways in which to help. At any one time, 8–10 local and international organizations are being supported by Crane students.
- Crane Country Day School is dedicated to providing an experiential education characterized by a thoughtful balance of academic challenge and creative expression.
- We thrive as a community that builds character and confidence, while celebrating the joy in learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||264 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 5 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Erin Guerra|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Surf Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advisories, Chess Club, Discoveries Workshops, Math Counts, Math Super Bowl, Student Council, Tech Crew, Technology Task Force, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Spring Musical, Xylophone Ensembles
- Mission Statement: Crane Country Day School is dedicated to providing an experiential education characterized by a thoughtful balance of academic challenge and creative expression. We thrive as a community that builds character and confidence, while celebrating the joy in learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Barbara Grades: PK-12 | 356 students
4125 Paloma Dr
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
(805)687-2461 8 PK-12
- Santa Barbara Grades: K-12 | 137 students
2300 Garden Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805)687-3717 5.5 K-12
- Santa Barbara Grades: PK-8 | 241 students
2130 Mission Ridge Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
(805)569-1811 5.1 PK-8
- Santa Barbara Grades: PK-8 | 222 students
33 E Micheltorena St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805)965-1033 4.9 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.