Crotched Mountain School
- Where friendships are formed and memories are made. Children make friends and excel at Crotched Mountain School.
- They experience an environment of complete acceptance, respect and dignity from our staff and from their peers.
- Students who have been overlooked in other school settings blossom here.
- Our teaching approach focuses on effective communication skills. This offers students the ability to connect with their teachers, therapists, families and each other in a meaningful and productive manner.
- With these skills, a strong sense of belonging and camaraderie is cultivated through rich learning experiences and plentiful student activities, such as sports, school plays, science fairs, field trips and the simple pleasure of hanging out with friends.
- Each school day is engaging and provides ample opportunities for students to shine and enjoy school life.
- Children at Crotched Mountain School have varied emotional, behavioral, developmental and physical disabilities, including Autism spectrum disorders, emotional and behavioral disorders, trauma disorders, intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injuries, and rare complex disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 12%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Approve BY NHDOE and NY State DOE and a MA 766 School|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melissa Lambert|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Artist in Residence, Dance Troupe, Drumming Dance Troupe, Drumming, Artist in Residence,|
- As a learning community, Crotched Mountain School offers individualized education programs and enriching educational experiences for students with disabilities at learning levels pre-K-12. Student-centered education programs Crotched Mountain School is a NH-approved special education school, with students who perform on a wide range of learning levels. Their individualized educational program may include everything from basic communication skills and activities of daily living, to functional academics or course work leading to a high school diploma. Our experienced staff and low staff-to-student ratios allow us to accommodate many learning levels and learning styles. We create small, personalized learning environments with six to eight students in a typical classroom. Within our 13 homeroom classrooms, children are closely matched based on their age and developmental levels. This creates an individualized learning environment where students can succeed.Enriched curriculum expands horizons Our curriculum follows the New Hampshire frameworks. We customize and refine our teaching methods to ensure that all children can access required topics at their own level in areas including language arts, history, math and science. Students who meet state standards are awarded an accredited high school diploma at Crotched Mountain School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MerrimackGrades: 9-12 | 41 students
1 Brentwood Drive
Merrimack, NH 03054
- RochesterGrades: K-12 | 50 students
Rochester, NH 03867
- HillsboroughGrades: 6-12 | 43 students
11 Bobcat Blvd
Hillsborough, NH 03244
- HollisGrades: NS-9 | 118 students
9 South Merrimack Road
Hollis, NH 03049
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.