Crotched Mountain School
Tel: (603) 547-1894
A learning experience like no other, Crotched Mountain School offers a flexible learning environment where students build relationships, discover skills and talents, and attain their highest level of independence.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education as a private special education school and a non-public school. Approved to serve all 13 educational codings for students age 4 through 21.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Delphine Lenoir|
- In the heart of New Hampshire, perched on an idyllic 1,400-acre campus overlooking the Contoocook River Valley, Crotched Mountain School offers a unique combination of innovative day and residential special education, year-round accessible recreation, award-winning arts and music programming, community and campus-based vocational experiences, and a comprehensive suite of therapeutic supports.
- For over 50 years, Crotched Mountain School has provided an unforgettable day and residential special education experience surrounded by the natural beauty of New Hampshire. We help our students gain the skills to succeed in the community and to live a life of maximum independence.
- A fully accredited Kindergarten through 12+ residential and day school located less than two hours from Boston and 45 minutes from Manchester, NH, Crotched Mountain School specializes in autism, communication needs, and addressing challenging behaviors.
- Our comprehensive educational and treatment approaches are complemented by 24-hour nursing support.
- Crotched Mountain School is approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education as a private special education school. We are licensed for all recognized IEP classifications.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Exeter Grades: 2-12 | 53 students
87 State Route 27
Exeter, NH 03833
(603) 679-2021 35.9 2-12
- Rochester Grades: K-12 | 62 students
105 Eastern Avenue
Rochester, NH 03867
(603) 332-2848 49.4 K-12
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
2064 Woodbury Ave
Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603) 433-4192 48 PK-12
- Berlin Grades: 4-12 | 9 students
26 Exchange Street
Berlin, NH 03570
(603) 215-6372 115.8 4-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.