- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 490 students
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Darlene Coogan ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
Academics and Faculty
(Please see school website for dress code.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Band Ministry, Chess Club, Chinese, Drama, Duke Tip Program, Lego Club, Math Team, Music Ministry, National Jr. Honor Society, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Spanish, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Queen Of Peace Catholic Academy scores in the top %10 in the Nation on the Terra Nova scores. Classes offered at the Academy are as follows: Chinese, Spanish, Art, Technology, Music, Music Appreciation, Band, Media, Physical Education, Robotics, Coding and Advanced Math.
- What does a Catholic Education mean for your child-A Catholic Education means collegebound peers. The vast majority of all elementary and secondary Catholic school students go to college. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of Catholic Secondary school students graduate and ninety seven percent (97%) go to college. At Catholic Schools preparation for college is a clear goal that both parent, teacher and student embrace.
- The best way to understand why Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is an academically successful prep school for students of all types of learning styles is to see our students in the classroom and meet our teachers. Our curriculum is a dynamic, hands on program that promotes personal character and a united love of learning. We encourage visits from prospective students and their families. Visits are designed for you to learn more about the Academy in order to provide you with the opportunity to assess the benefits of our school as they pertain to your child`s academic and personal needs. We are currently accepting new students.
- Standardized Testing-Why do we take the Terra Nova instead of the FSA/EOC. The FSA/EOC is designed only to assess how students are meeting the Florida Sunshine State standards. There are no national comparisons, no connection to cognitive abilities, and high stakes are based solely on accountability. The Terra Nova is a norm-referenced test based on the National Standards. Score norms are based on all students in the country who took the same test in the same grade. The Terra Novaprovides feedback on how effectively our teaching methods are preparing your children for high school on a national level.
Endorse Darlene Coogan. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards