- Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is a member of the Florida Catholic Conference & National Catholic Education Association.
- The campus is located in SW Gainesville on 27 beautifully landscaped acres which includes the elementary & middle school, church, sports field, basketball & tennis courts, a state of the art media center & gymnasium.
- In a loving & supportive environment, QPA strives toward superior academic excellence where the needs of the child are enveloped in developmentally appropriate practices.
- We provide an environment where each student can discover his or her own gifts & abilities in an atmosphere where ideas can be expressed, respected, & challenged.
- QPA's curriculum is a diverse program that is offered in a small class environment which enables us to strengthen & enrich our student's personal love of learning.
- We are proud to offer our students not only an excellent curriculum, but many enriching programs.
- Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is truly the school where "Faith and Education Unite!".
Darlene Coogan places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$230|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please see school website at www.qopqcademy.org|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Please see school website for dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see school website for tuition cost at www.qopacademy.org|
|Admissions Director||Darlene Coogan|
|Admissions Associate||Darlene Coogan|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Science Club, Science Fair, Strings|
Club or Organization:
Art Club, Band Ministry, Chess Club, Chinese, Drama, Duke Tip Program, Lego Club, Math Team, Music Ministry, National Jr. Honor Society, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Spanish, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Queen Of Peace Catholic Academy scores in the top %10 in the Nation on the Terra Nova scores. Classes offered at the Academy are as follows: Chinese, Spanish, Art, Technology, Music, Music Appreciation, Band, Media, Physical Education, Robotics, Coding and Advanced Math.
- What does a Catholic Education mean for your child-A Catholic Education means collegebound peers. The vast majority of all elementary and secondary Catholic school students go to college. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of Catholic Secondary school students graduate and ninety seven percent (97%) go to college. At Catholic Schools preparation for college is a clear goal that both parent, teacher and student embrace.
- The best way to understand why Queen of Peace Catholic Academy is an academically successful prep school for students of all types of learning styles is to see our students in the classroom and meet our teachers. Our curriculum is a dynamic, hands on program that promotes personal character and a united love of learning. We encourage visits from prospective students and their families. Visits are designed for you to learn more about the Academy in order to provide you with the opportunity to assess the benefits of our school as they pertain to your child`s academic and personal needs. We are currently accepting new students.
- Standardized Testing-Why do we take the Terra Nova instead of the FSA/EOC. The FSA/EOC is designed only to assess how students are meeting the Florida Sunshine State standards. There are no national comparisons, no connection to cognitive abilities, and high stakes are based solely on accountability. The Terra Nova is a norm-referenced test based on the National Standards. Score norms are based on all students in the country who took the same test in the same grade. The Terra Novaprovides feedback on how effectively our teaching methods are preparing your children for high school on a national level.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gainesville Grades: NS-8 | 448 students
550 Ne 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352) 376-9878 8.7 NS-8
- Gainesville Grades: K-6 | 369 students
7715 Sw 14th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352) 332-1452 2.1 K-6
- Gainesville Grades: PK-12 | 744 students
1700 SW 75th Street
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352) 332-3609 2 PK-12
- Gainesville Grades: PK-12 | 526 students
9818 SW 24th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352) 331-7625 0.6 PK-12