Dayton Christian School
- Established in 1963, Dayton Christian School is a nondenominational Christian school representing over 850 students and nearly 200 churches. The student body includes approximately 700 traditional students and over 150 homeschool and homeschool hybrid students.
- It is our desire to work with the local church and the evangelical community as we seek to assist Christian families in their Biblical responsibility to train their children to become Christlike, and to fulfill God's purpose for their lives in the home, church, and society.
- Our faculty and staff are dedicated professionals who strive to develop young people into godly men and women of integrity who will serve their churches, their workplace, and their world.
- The mission of Dayton Christian School is to inspire and equip students in pursuit of God, learning, and service while preparing them for a lifetime of influence.
- Dayton Christian School is a PK-12 campus under the direction of Dr. John Gredy, Head of School. Principal Gabe Pethtel leads our high school stuents in their pursuit of the academic excellence and life calling. Principal James Holliday seeks to establish a firm Biblical and academic foundation for all of our students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade.
- Dayton Christian is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools, International.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SLD, Speech, Occupational Therapy, Autism (mild to moderate), Intervention|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|Admissions Director||Polina Schroeder|
|Admissions Associate||Kari Skolik|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Established in 1963, Dayton Christian School is a PK-12 campus with more than 850 traditional and homeschool students representing nearly 250 churches.Dayton Christian is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools, International.The mission of Dayton Christian School is to partner with responsible Christian families and their churches in educating their children to become like Christ and preparing them to fulfill God's purpose for their lives.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dayton Grades: K-12 | 394 students
999 Spinning Road
Dayton, OH 45431
(937)252-5400 10.9 K-12
- Clayton Grades: K-6 | 121 students
6500 Southway Rd.
Clayton, OH 45315
(937)836-9910 19 K-6
- Dayton Grades: PK-K | 30 students
71 Marco Ln
Dayton, OH 45458
(937)436-1112 2.7 PK-K
- Dayton Grades: PK-K | 190 students
7659 Mcewen Road
Dayton, OH 45459
(937)433-3455 1.8 PK-K
I am a parent of two recent graduates and I also teach at the school. My children received a quality education that prepared them for the rigors of a private university. They were taught by teachers who love the Lord and love them. Their school experience was enriched by the opportunity to participate in both sports and fine arts. This is a school that is focused on serving the Lord well, serving families, and giving students a high-quality education with a biblical worldview.
- Posted by Parent - CW
Our family has been so blessed to be a part of Dayton Christian. Our son and daughter are both recent graduates of DC. Their time at DC laid an academic and spiritual foundation that has carried them into a successful college experience. The both value their time at DC even more now that they are experiencing "life." They frequently mention the teachers who impacted their lives and who have remained an influence even after high school. Dayton Christian was a great choice for our family both academically and spiritually. Great school with dedicated, loving faculty and staff!
- Posted by Parent - Mark and Krystal
Deciding to partner with Dayton Christian was one of the best decisions we made for our kids. Our two kids thrived while at Dayton Christian. They grew spiritually, academically, and socially. The faculty and staff invested in our kids and made an impact that will last for years to come. As recent graduates, both of our kids have maintained contact with friends and faculty from DC. I would highly recommend partnering with Dayton Christian. They provide a great education in a terrific environment.
- Posted by Parent - Krystal
As parents, one of the most difficult decisions you will ever make is how to educate your child. And while there are some strong public schools in the area, my wife and I were simply aching for our 4 kids to have what we had in a strong Christian education where they would have confident Christian role models and be encouraged to know God's Word as part of their everyday habit and routine. In our first year since we finally made the move from public school to Dayton Christian, I can tell you we have definitely found what we were looking for! A school that strives to help our kids excel spiritually first, but also is strong in academics, athletics, and in the fine arts! So many opportunities already, and they will soon be adding a gym as well! Our current Kindergartener, 1st grader, and 4th grader have all made friends easily as well, and we cannot wait to watch them grow up together at DC!
- Posted by Parent - Reagan
We have graduated two children from Dayton Christian and have one more who will graduate May of 2019! We have been blessed to have such caring and invested teachers who are concerned for our children both academically and spiritually. We value the Biblically integrated and Christian Worldview perspective taught in each class. It has truly been a great partnership these past ten years!
- Posted by Parent - Sheela
I am amazed by Dayton Christian! Wonderful teachers who really care about each student. Very safe environment for learning. From Preschool all the way to Senior year- I highly recommend this school if you are searching!!
- Posted by Parent - Parent800
We have four children in Dayton Christian - one each in pre-K, elementary, middle and high school. My husband is also an alumni of DC. We have been extremely blessed by DC since making the decision to move our children out of a public school system. Our main goal was to find teachers whom we could partner when it comes to not only the academic component of education, but also matters of the heart with our children. We have found that at DC. The teachers are amazing and very dedicated to our children.
- Posted by Parent - Julie T.
Dayton Christian School has been the best decision my husband and I have ever made for our 4 children. Our kids have attended DCS from preschool- highschool. 2 of our children are now in college and thriving. We still have 2 in the highschool and they love it. The teachers all throughout our time there have developed our children into the most incredible writers and critical thinkers. The highschool has developed in our kids the ability to assess our culture through a loving Christian world view. Anyone who sends their kids here appreciates the teachers and the partnership they have with us parents. They have an open door policy. No school is perfect but if you are seeking a safe, bible based school with a high quality education and teachers who really care about your childrens success, this is the place for you.
- Posted by Parent - Karen W.
My three girls, currently a junior, sophomore and 6th grader, have all attended Dayton Christian School since Pre-K. They are all thriving in the loving and stimulating environment at the school. Their teachers are dedicated to providing a Christian world view along with a first class education. This campus houses grades Pre-K through 12th which allows the older students to mentor and invest in the younger kids, providing a priceless, built-in role model system from athletes, fine arts stars, and other students whom the younger students easily relate to. As the students enter Jr and Sr High at DC, the Lord leads them on mission trips, service opportunities, and worship teams, which continues to pour love into their hearts and build the heart of a servant at an age when others are very self absorbed. I cannot imagine my girls being a part of any other school district. I am grateful that the Lord led our family to DC!!
- Posted by Parent - Jodi
We have had an amazing experience with Dayton Christian schools over the course of nearly 2 decades. We have had several children graduate from Dayton Christian as well have students that are currently in the system. We have found that they are challenged spiritually and academically to become the people that God created them to be. We have found the faculty and staff to be incredibly dedicated and devoted to teaching our kids but beyond that to be mentoring their hearts. On many occasions, the Dayton Christian faculty and staff have gone above and beyond to come alongside us as parents tohelp our children reach their fullest potential!
- Posted by Parent - r hendricks
I have three children at Dayton Christian, from kindergarten to 7th grade. We have had the most wonderful experience since day 1, and any concerns we've ever had have been handled perfectly. My kids get excellent academic instruction from teachers who want more than anything what this mother's heart wants for them - that they have a personal relationship with Christ. Whether they are in class or at their extra-curricular school activities, excellence in effort and attitude is emphasized. The tuition is truly the best money my husband and I have ever spent.
- Posted by Parent - Jenny R.
My three girls have attended Dayton Christian since pre-K. They range in age from 12-17. i love that they all attend on the same campus. Dayton Christian teaches a Christian World View and each of my girls have thrived in this school. I am impressed with the dedication of the teachers and staff and the nurturing love they have for the students.
- Posted by Parent - Joey
We have 4 children at DCS from 1st through 8th grade. The teachers and administration consistently demonstrate their dedication to teaching our kids, both scholastically and spiritually. Many wonderful friendships have been made, both for our children and us. The kids look forward going to school every day! We are grateful that they enjoy learning and are being taught in an open partnership with parents, the church and the community - fully committed to showing the love of Jesus Christ.
- Posted by Parent - Jeremy
Both of my children are thriving at DCS. They have teachers who truly care about them, fantastic peer groups, and an athletic program that is large enough to compete but small enough so that they can try new sports if they like. The classes are Biblically-integrated and taught from a Christian worldview. We love DC!
- Posted by Parent - Melissa