Dayton Christian School
- Established in 1963, Dayton Christian School is a nondenominational Christian school representing nearly 800 students and 250 churches.
- It is our desire to work with the local church and the evangelical community as we seek to assist Christian families in their Biblical responsibility to train their children to become Christlike, and to fulfill God's purpose for their lives in the home, church, and society.
- Our faculty and staff are dedicated professionals who strive to develop young people into godly men and women of integrity who will serve their churches, their workplace, and their world.
- The mission of Dayton Christian School is to partner with responsible Christian families and their churches in educating their children to become like Christ and preparing them to fulfill God's purpose for their lives.
- Dayton Christian School is a PK-12 campus under the direction Superintendent and high school principal, Dr. Dave Rough along with our PK-4 principal, Monica Woods and 5-8 principal, Rich Garrett.
- Dayton Christian is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools, International.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||793 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|Admissions Director||Nathanael Dunlavy|
|Admissions Associate||Kari Skolik|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Established in 1963, Dayton Christian School is a PK-12 Campus with approximately 800 traditional and homeschool students representing nearly 250 churches.Dayton Christian is chartered by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Association of Christian Schools, International.The mission of Dayton Christian School is to partner with responsible Christian families and their churches in educating their children to become like Christ and preparing them to fulfill God's purpose for their lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DaytonGrades: K-12 | 44 students
434 Wilson Park Drive
Dayton, OH 45449
- DaytonGrades: PK-KG | 30 students
71 Marco Ln
Dayton, OH 45458
- DaytonGrades: PK-K | 190 students
7659 Mcewen Road
Dayton, OH 45459
- ClaytonGrades: KG-6 | 158 students
Po Box 309
Clayton, OH 45315
- DaytonGrades: PK-12 | 310 students
1461 E Spring Valley Rd
Dayton, OH 45458
Dayton Christian School has been the best decision my husband and I have ever made for our 4 children. Our kids have attended DCS from preschool- highschool. 2 of our children are now in college and thriving. We still have 2 in the highschool and they love it. The teachers all throughout our time there have developed our children into the most incredible writers and critical thinkers. The highschool has developed in our kids the ability to assess our culture through a loving Christian world view. Anyone who sends their kids here appreciates the teachers and the partnership they have with us parents. They have an open door policy. No school is perfect but if you are seeking a safe, bible based school with a high quality education and teachers who really care about your childrens success, this is the place for you.
- Posted by Parent - Karen W.
My three girls, currently a junior, sophomore and 6th grader, have all attended Dayton Christian School since Pre-K. They are all thriving in the loving and stimulating environment at the school. Their teachers are dedicated to providing a Christian world view along with a first class education. This campus houses grades Pre-K through 12th which allows the older students to mentor and invest in the younger kids, providing a priceless, built-in role model system from athletes, fine arts stars, and other students whom the younger students easily relate to. As the students enter Jr and Sr High at DC, the Lord leads them on mission trips, service opportunities, and worship teams, which continues to pour love into their hearts and build the heart of a servant at an age when others are very self absorbed. I cannot imagine my girls being a part of any other school district. I am grateful that the Lord led our family to DC!!
- Posted by Parent - Jodi
We have had an amazing experience with Dayton Christian schools over the course of nearly 2 decades. We have had several children graduate from Dayton Christian as well have students that are currently in the system. We have found that they are challenged spiritually and academically to become the people that God created them to be. We have found the faculty and staff to be incredibly dedicated and devoted to teaching our kids but beyond that to be mentoring their hearts. On many occasions, the Dayton Christian faculty and staff have gone above and beyond to come alongside us as parents tohelp our children reach their fullest potential!
- Posted by Parent - r hendricks
I have three children at Dayton Christian, from kindergarten to 7th grade. We have had the most wonderful experience since day 1, and any concerns we've ever had have been handled perfectly. My kids get excellent academic instruction from teachers who want more than anything what this mother's heart wants for them - that they have a personal relationship with Christ. Whether they are in class or at their extra-curricular school activities, excellence in effort and attitude is emphasized. The tuition is truly the best money my husband and I have ever spent.
- Posted by Parent - Jenny R.
My three girls have attended Dayton Christian since pre-K. They range in age from 12-17. i love that they all attend on the same campus. Dayton Christian teaches a Christian World View and each of my girls have thrived in this school. I am impressed with the dedication of the teachers and staff and the nurturing love they have for the students.
- Posted by Parent - Joey
We have 4 children at DCS from 1st through 8th grade. The teachers and administration consistently demonstrate their dedication to teaching our kids, both scholastically and spiritually. Many wonderful friendships have been made, both for our children and us. The kids look forward going to school every day! We are grateful that they enjoy learning and are being taught in an open partnership with parents, the church and the community - fully committed to showing the love of Jesus Christ.
- Posted by Parent - Jeremy
Both of my children are thriving at DCS. They have teachers who truly care about them, fantastic peer groups, and an athletic program that is large enough to compete but small enough so that they can try new sports if they like. The classes are Biblically-integrated and taught from a Christian worldview. We love DC!
- Posted by Parent - Melissa