Dei Spring Academy
- Dei Spring Academy is a preschool and licensed day care center, owned and operated by Gloria Dei Lutheran Church (ELS).
- We operate day care for ages 6 weeks through 5 years, with before and after school care options available for children up to age 12.
- The 3-5 year old classes have a preschool program as the majority of their day.
- We teach letters, shapes, numbers, large motor activities, creatives, science, small motor activities, social skills, and Bible stories, which are presented at the children's age levels.
- We share the love of Christ to all, and work with parents to care for their children in the best manner possible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- We have a loving and dedicated staff at Dei Spring Academy, with spiritual support from the pastor. Pastor Flohr (of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 601 S. Red River Ave, Cold Spring) visits once a week with the children for a Bible lesson, accompanied by 2 volunteers from the church who provide musical accompaniment for Bible songs.
- We have an infant room, a toddler room, a younger preschool room, and the older preschool room. We have large, pleasant outdoor areas for the toddlers, and for the preschool ages. Our youngest, the infants, take stroller rides in the summer.
- The older preschool goes to the Cold Spring library, usually once a week, in the summer; they will also occasionally visit the nursing home (Assumption) as well. The 2 preschool groups take occasional field trips, such as to a nearby farm which caters to the interests of preschoolers. We hold 2 programs each year for the parents and their families: one at Christmas and one for preschool graduation in the spring.
- Our sincerest wish is to provide loving care for the children as well as sharing the love of Christ with them and their families.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.