- The Children Services Division of United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland was created in 1964 with the establishment of the Delrey School.
- Since then, the school has become one of the cornerstones of UCP's wide array of programs and services for children and adults with disabilities.
- With its highly trained staff including licensed teachers, therapists, social workers, and nurses, the school provides comprehensive services to children ages 3-21 with disabilities in an educational setting using an interdisciplinary approach.
- The primary goal of UCP Delrey School is to prepare children intellectually, physically, and emotionally for entrance into community schools.
- The school recently consolidated its three locations into one new facility located in Lansdowne, Md.
- The agency's mission is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
- The agency's vision is to positively affect the lives of children and adults who have cerebral palsy and other disabilities and offer them every opportunity to live independently in the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Halethorpe Grades: 8-12 | 93 students
4100 Maple Ave
Halethorpe, MD 21227
(410)247-2770 1.1 8-12
- Catonsville Grades: K-8 | 109 students
929 Ingleside Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
(410)744-0015 4 K-8
- Catonsville Grades: PK-8 | 108 students
200 Ingleside Avenue
Catonsville, MD 21228
(410)747-6558 3.5 PK-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.