Desert Shadows Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- Desert Shadows Montessori was founded in the winter of 1988 as a home-based Montessori classroom. We currently serve children from 1 year old and walking through kindergarten.
- We offer several programs to meet the needs of you and your child.
- We follow Dr. Maria Montessori's recommendations for classroom participation and groups.
- Basic to the Montessori philosophy is the concept that children are motivated from within by a natural curiosity and love of knowledge. The Montessori program develops the whole personality of the child -- not merely his intellectual faculties, but also his powers of initiative, deliberation, and independent choice.
- By living as a free member of a real, social community, the child is trained in the fundamental social qualities that form the basis of good citizenship.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for current tuition. Toddler program also available.|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Barton|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mesa Grades: NS-12 | 173 students
745 S. Extension
Mesa, AZ 85210
(480)962-1432 9.4 NS-12
- Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 94 students
1230 N Gilbert Rd
Mesa, AZ 85203
(480)890-1580 5.9 NS-8
- Mesa Grades: PK-K | 12 students
2830 S Carriage Ln
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480)839-7661 12.6 PK-K
- Chandler Grades: PK-6 | 108 students
1700 W Warner Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)730-8886 12.2 PK-6
Small school, strong community, strong academics and play/movement, great owner and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - mom4
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.