Desert Shadows Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- Desert Shadows Montessori was founded in the winter of 1988 as a home-based Montessori classroom. We currently serve children from 1 year old and walking through kindergarten.
- We offer several programs to meet the needs of you and your child.
- We follow Dr. Maria Montessori's recommendations for classroom participation and groups.
- Basic to the Montessori philosophy is the concept that children are motivated from within by a natural curiosity and love of knowledge. The Montessori program develops the whole personality of the child -- not merely his intellectual faculties, but also his powers of initiative, deliberation, and independent choice.
- By living as a free member of a real, social community, the child is trained in the fundamental social qualities that form the basis of good citizenship.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for current tuition. Toddler program also available.|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Barton|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mesa Grades: NS-12 | 173 students
745 S. Extension
Mesa, AZ 85210
(480)962-1432 9.4 NS-12
- Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 94 students
1230 N Gilbert Rd
Mesa, AZ 85203
(480)890-1580 5.9 NS-8
- Mesa Grades: PK-K | 12 students
2830 S Carriage Ln
Mesa, AZ 85202
(480)839-7661 12.6 PK-K
- Chandler Grades: PK-6 | 108 students
1700 W Warner Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)730-8886 12.2 PK-6
Small school, strong community, strong academics and play/movement, great owner and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - mom4
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.