Dream Center Academy
- The DCA is an alternative, private Christian school designed for students who have been unsuccessful in the traditional classroom setting.
- Our goal is to provide a safe, loving environment for students to grow and excel in their academic and spiritual lives.In many ways the DCA is similar to a typical private school, in that we provide high academic and moral standards, physically and emotionally safe environment, personalized attention and tutoring, and a low teacher to student ratio.In other ways the DCA is unlike any other private school in the nation.
- The DCA believes that an affordable quality education should be available to everyone.
- Additionally, the DCA created “Life-Prep” curriculum to ensure student success outside of the classroom.
- This curriculum includes: Job/Life Skills and Leadership Development for each student – including regular experiential Outdoor Adventures.The DCA is accredited by the National Association of Private Schools and is a Candidate for accreditation with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.- See more at: http://www.dreamcenteracademy.org.
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo shirt & Khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available. Students are not turned away due to finances.|
|% on Financial Aid|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 50 students
631 E Adams Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90011
(213)746-5274 3.6 K-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 5-12 | 10 students
6520 Arizona Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310)665-0137 9.7 5-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.