Dunedin Montessori Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (727) 734-0332
- Dunedin Montessori Academy offers a rich and diverse learning environment reflective of the our unique and thriving community.
- Committed to quality, caring education since 1979, The Dunedin Montessori School experience attends to each child's natural curiosity and innate desire to explore and learn.
- Our curriculum is self-directed and disciplined; allowing the staff to give each child the opportunity to satisfy their developmental needs and the chance to realize their ultimate potential.
- Our program accomplishes these goals by keeping the class size small and with a staff fully committed to giving the children the freedom to explore and grow in a specially prepared setting under the guidance of the Directress..
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school shirts worn on Fridays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$160|
|Tuition Notes||We offer part time schedules as well, and we are very flexible.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ann Dietz|
|Admissions Associate||Sheri Lindquist|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Gymnastics, Spanish Lessons|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clearwater Grades: NS-PK | 44 students
905 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33756
(727) 584-2867 7.5 NS-PK
- New Port Richey Grades: PK-5 | 169 students
6609 River Rd
New Port Richey, FL 34652
(727) 845-1111 15.1 PK-5
- Palm Harbor Grades: NS-PK | 145 students
130 Riveria Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
(727) 786-1094 2.2 NS-PK
My child has attended Dunedin Montessori for over a year and we are so thankful to have found it. For the first year and a half of her life she was watched by her grandmother while my husband and I worked so finding a school environment that was enriching but also as nurturing as Grandma's house was a tall order. The school is clean, the staff is amazing and our child is not just well taken care of but truly loved. The teachers and staff know each child's personality and make it a point to interact with them in ways that make them feel encouraged and excited when it comes to learning. My daughter knows she is safe and cared for and that piece of mind is priceless!
- Posted by Parent - Katie Everett
Dunedin Montessori Academy is an amazing school! My daughter has been a student there for almost a year now and we absolutely love it. The teachers are very caring and loving but as the same time extremely educational! Every single teacher in the school has been amazing to me and my daughter and I feel so lucky to have such great people looking after her while I'm at work. Since my daughter has been attending this school she has been absolutely thriving! I am so glad that we found Dunedin Montessori Academy and it will be so sad when she outgrows them!
- Posted by Parent - Taylor Covey
This school is academic based with a hands on teaching method. The new facilty is beautiful and clean. The teachers are personable and professional and create a loving, nurturing environment.
- Posted by Teacher - sheri
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?