Dutchess Day School
Tel: (845) 677-5014
- Dutchess Day School is a preschool through eighth grade school that values children's natural curiosity and fosters an enduring enthusiasm for learning.
- In an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, students are encouraged to take intellectual risks and to develop independence, confidence, and imagination.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,750|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Christine Whiting|
|Admissions Associate||Eileen Shaw|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
- The school seeks diversity and welcomes families with varied backgrounds. All parents are invited to work with the faculty and students as partners in learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poughkeepsie Grades: PK-12 | 174 students
260 Boardman Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
(845) 462-7600 14.4 PK-12
- Clinton Corners Grades: K-12 | 66 students
37 Shepherds Way
Clinton Corners, NY 12514
(845) 266-3497 8.3 K-12
- Millbrook Grades: 9-12 | 326 students
131 Millbrook School Rd
Millbrook, NY 12545
(845) 677-8261 6 9-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.